Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA --> AB in DUS connection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:28 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
AA --> AB in DUS connection

I'm flying AA ORD - DUS connecting to AB DUS - VCE in May.

Right now my layover is only 75 minutes. Am I completely screwed or do I have a shot?

For what it's worth I'll be in the front of the cabin on the AA flight in C and I'm OneWorld Emerald (if that helps me skip any lines) and I likely won't have any checked luggage.

On the negative side they're two separate PNRs (not on the same reservation). I'm hoping to get my BP for the VCE flight before I depart ORD in hopes of speeding this up.

I know I may be out of luck - but thought I'd check with the experts.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
On the negative side they're two separate PNRs (not on the same reservation).
Just plain stupid!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: LH HON
Should be okay without checked luggage unless AA is delayed. DUS is easy, it's just passport control because you're connecting to Schengen. Last time I arrived there from DUS passport control was deserted when I approached (also flying J).
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
I'm flying AA ORD - DUS connecting to AB DUS - VCE in May.

Right now my layover is only 75 minutes. Am I completely screwed or do I have a shot?

For what it's worth I'll be in the front of the cabin on the AA flight in C and I'm OneWorld Emerald (if that helps me skip any lines) and I likely won't have any checked luggage.

On the negative side they're two separate PNRs (not on the same reservation). I'm hoping to get my BP for the VCE flight before I depart ORD in hopes of speeding this up.

I know I may be out of luck - but thought I'd check with the experts.
AA at ORD can tag your bags for the AA+AB flights even when they are on separately issued tickets. I've had this done dozens of times, at ORD, JFK, DCA, etc.

75 minutes is more than sufficient at DUS. There is a passport control screening, but often you can bypass the transit security screening. The walk from arrival gate to departure gate can be rather long, but it's never taken me longer than 20 minutes to do the walk.

I do this kind of stuff via DUS rather often. US-DUS-onward Schengen flight is one of my preferred routings for my US-EU trips when I'm going to have to do a single-connection flight routing anyway.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
This meets MCT. AA will protect misconnect.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
would they even on separate PNRs?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Wyd Plat.
I did something similar in Oct 2015 but was on the same ticket. MIA - DUS - Berlin. I had similar layover at DUS but my baggage was automatically transferred. As a previous poster mentioned, get them to check your bags to the final destination. One tip from a first time traveler through DUS, they have 2 levels of departures in the same building. That threw me off a bit but in 75 minutes I still had time to shower in the lounge, but not enough time to eat breakfast too.

Have a good trip!
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wazow
would they even on separate PNRs?
As long as AA is involved as one of the flights in the connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.