Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Silver for free and other promotions

Silver for free and other promotions

Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:35 am

It took only couple of days to change the red card into silver one, although there were some problems too.
I called AB in order to reserve seats free of charge (one of benefits of silver card, unfortunately not all seats are available for such reservation) and was informed that according to their system my card was still red. I had to call topbonus in order to fix this problem and afterwards AB call center was able to reserve seats for us free of charge.
Now we're waiting for plastic cards, which are supposed to be delivered within next 2 weeks. I hope there'll be no delay, as we have AB flights in middle of February and we could use these silver cards for priority check-in or "exclusive waiting area"...
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Iberia Plus
When does the offer end?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:44 am

Hi,

we've received our plastic silver cards today and there's one thing I'd like to ask with respect to them.
We're flying on Sunday on route GDN-TXL-DUS-CUN on AB and I want to credit miles for this flight to BA Executive Club. In order to do this, I entered numbers of our BA Executive Club cards in AB's reservation. Do I understand correctly that I'm I still entitled to take advantage of benefits of topbonus silver status (like priority check-in, fast track, more free baggage, entrance to "exclusive waiting area" etc.) if I show our silver topbonus cards at the airport?

Best regards, Bartek
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by tropikey
Hi,

we've received our plastic silver cards today and there's one thing I'd like to ask with respect to them.
We're flying on Sunday on route GDN-TXL-DUS-CUN on AB and I want to credit miles for this flight to BA Executive Club. In order to do this, I entered numbers of our BA Executive Club cards in AB's reservation. Do I understand correctly that I'm I still entitled to take advantage of benefits of topbonus silver status (like priority check-in, fast track, more free baggage, entrance to "exclusive waiting area" etc.) if I show our silver topbonus cards at the airport?

Best regards, Bartek
I also want to do that. Did you get access to fast track and exclusive waiting area doing so? Thanks!

Last edited by oneworldIB; Feb 29, 2016 at 12:48 pm
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:29 am

Well, I didn't have opportunity to use this card. I wanted to visit exclusive waiting area in DUS, but it was to far from our gate. Our luggage was not large enough to force to use the card. Finally, there were no queues to check-ins, so there was no need to show the card neither.
Today we're flying back from CUN, but in J, so we'll have premium services on other basis.
Best regards, Bartek
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by tropikey
Well, I didn't have opportunity to use this card. I wanted to visit exclusive waiting area in DUS, but it was to far from our gate. Our luggage was not large enough to force to use the card. Finally, there were no queues to check-ins, so there was no need to show the card neither.
Today we're flying back from CUN, but in J, so we'll have premium services on other basis.
Best regards, Bartek
Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:31 am

Does anyone know if this still works? Are they still accepting apps? I just signed up for topbonus. I want to book a fight but before I do id like to possibly get silver

edit*

Just applied. We'll see what happens

Last edited by czech99; Mar 6, 2016 at 9:35 pm
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by czech99
Does anyone know if this still works? Are they still accepting apps? I just signed up for topbonus. I want to book a fight but before I do id like to possibly get silver

edit*

Just applied. We'll see what happens
Got an email 24hours later. Yay! ^
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Blue
I have just read the small print. You are not allowed to mention the war. If you do, you will not get a card. I guess Basil won't be able to get his card...
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pilota75
Sent email on saturday 23, today obtained silver status for 4 months
Valid to the date of match or do you finish the whole month?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Valid to the date of match or do you finish the whole month?
i sent mine last night and it says mine is valid until july 31
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by czech99
i sent mine last night and it says mine is valid until july 31
I was just given the status upgrade. Seems like this is much easier to get compared to the status match. Same expiry date!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I got the silver upgrade. Are there any benefits when not flying AB?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Standard Oneworld Ruby benefits.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
Silver card arrived today valid until end of August will do me 2 AB flights July & August.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.