Search

AENA Pau Casals Lounge at BCN?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
AENA Pau Casals Lounge at BCN?

According to the OW website, AB uses the AENA Pau Casals Lounge at BCN.

Can anyone comment on the quality of this lounge?

Also, I assume the regular guest policy for AB Gold members applies? (i.e. I'm entitled to bring in 1 guest free of charge)

It seems I can bring an additional guest for 25Euros. Is there a cheaper way to gain access?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
According to the OW website, AB uses the AENA Pau Casals Lounge at BCN.

Can anyone comment on the quality of this lounge?

Also, I assume the regular guest policy for AB Gold members applies? (i.e. I'm entitled to bring in 1 guest free of charge)

It seems I can bring an additional guest for 25Euros. Is there a cheaper way to gain access?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Jasper2009,

I can confirm that you'll be able to use the lounge with a guest if you're flying with an AB ticket.

I've got oneworld Sapphire status and was there last year with a friend, flying HG (NIKI). The lounge is pleasant, quite spacious and light. If I remember correctly the food offering is OK, with rolls, pastries and other nibbles. I'm pretty sure there was no hot food, which was the only disappointment. Quite a nice selection of drinks available.

Here's a video I found:

Unfortunately, I'm not able to answer your last question about paid access, but I'm sure somebody else will be able to comment.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The lounges at BCN are all run by the airport. They are good for snacks and soft drinks. They also serve wine and cava, but if the bottle runs out you might not find it replaced for awhile. No hot food generally. Mostly Spanish and Catalan newspapers but you can occasionally find a UK newspaper.

Since the lounge is run by a third party, any number of lounge access providers (Priority Pass, etc.) will also work. I would never pay 25 euros however. I would just spend that at one of the nicer tapas places in the airport. You also might find that the AB gate is quite far from the lounge so you'll have to leave early - no boarding announcements and the screens sometimes jump from "go to gate" to "gate closing" with no warning.

Last edited by craigthemif; Dec 21, 2015 at 2:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.