Wiki Posts
Search

Checked luggage and layover

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat
Checked luggage and layover

I have a 20hr layover in DUS, FCO-DUS-LAX. Will my checked luggage be automatically forwarded for the next flight or do I pick it up from baggage claim?

I'm assuming I have to pick it up.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:52 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I would expect it to be held at the airport without your intervention needed. However, if you want to have access to your luggage while in DUS you can arrange for it to be checked only to DUS and then re-check it again when you're leaving.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:28 pm

Indelible, have you made this trip yet, and how did it work out for you? I have a similar layover in DUS upcoming, scheduled intentionally to have a 'bonus night' on the riverfront. I'd prefer to check my baggage all the way home to the US, and carry one change of clothes. Did that work for you? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.