Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge access when travelling with Niki

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Gold

I've booked VIE-ZRH-VIE thru AB website. Flights are operated by Niki metal and also have HG flight number. I’m BA silver (OW Sapphire) and a bit confused as last time I was in ZRH (flying with BA) the lounge agent told me that if travelling with Niki there’s no lounge access. Is that true? I did some searches but found different views and mostly outdated. Anyone can confirm lounge access according to OW rules when travelling with HG? According to OW site, all affiliates should have same benefits: http://www.oneworld.com/member-airli...ine-affiliates

Mods: please feel free to move this if more appropriate in BA or OW forum. Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Hi euromountain

I'm BA Silver and I've always had all the oneworld benefits on NIKI flights from Vienna and all other airports. I always use the lounges and have never had an issue. I think you were misinformed by the agent at Zurich. NIKI is an affiliate of airberlin, and as such is a oneworld affiliate member.

You can get allocated seats but this isn't possible on airberlin/NIKI's websites, so you'll probably have to phone up or send a message using their webform.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:13 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
I´m a regular on HG ZRH-VIE flights and can confirm that oneworld benefits are applied in the same way as on AB-operated flights. You should have no issues accessing the oneworld lounge in ZRH as well as the Jetlounge in VIE.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Gold
Excellent info! Thanks for your replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.