Wiki Posts
Search

Missing 62 points to requalify

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Missing 62 points to requalify

I just calculated the expected earnings on my upcoming flights and it seems that I miss 62 points to re-qualify for gold. I still have a lot of time. I could fit a trip in August or September, but would prefer not to go out of my way for 62 points. It might be easier for my to fly direct on *A in Aug and Sep.

One thing I am considering, if Air Berlin is not good for direct connections on my summer trips, is to use another OW carrier, as probably most short haul fares will give me 62 points. But in the good FT spirit, I do not like flying for little points, if I have an alternative that earns a lot of points on *A. So ideally I would earn these little points some other way.

I wonder whether there is any hack for someone residing outside Germany to earn this small amount of status points. Ideas?
Old May 29, 2015, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Where outside Germany? If you're in a place served by an OW carrier, just pick the shortest/cheapest route they offer. If you're in Scandinavia (EBD) AY or BA are your friends.
Old May 29, 2015, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Sure most likely I can fly BA from CPH wherever I need but I would prefer to fly SK, get more decent points and avoid connections. Suffering a connection for 62 points seems, ehem ... painful. But if there is no way without flying then I do that (or fly AB indirect somewhere). The chance of a trip to a direct OW destination in summer is low for me.
Old May 29, 2015, 6:23 am
Original Poster

BTW. If my current qualification period is 01/09/14 - 30/09/15 will the next period be 01/09/15 - 30/09/16 or 01/10/15 - 30/10/16 ?
Old May 30, 2015, 3:04 am
ECR

Originally Posted by wazow
Sure most likely I can fly BA from CPH wherever I need but I would prefer to fly SK, get more decent points and avoid connections. Suffering a connection for 62 points seems, ehem ... painful. But if there is no way without flying then I do that (or fly AB indirect somewhere). The chance of a trip to a direct OW destination in summer is low for me.
Air Berlin status miles can be earned without flying with a credit card. I'm not sure if it is possible to get one though if you don't live in Germany or Austria.

http://www.airberlin.com/en-GB/site/...erName=ab_niki

http://www.airberlin.com/en-GB/site/...erName=ab_visa
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:36 am

Did you call and ask whether they can give you the points as a courtesy?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

I did not. I actually still have a lot of time, I could ask them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.