Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

New Mileage Earning Levels (Temporary?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Dear Mr berlinflyer83,

Alongside the introduction of the new airberlin JustFly, FlyDeal, FlyClassic and FlyFlex+ tariffs, new topbonus mile credit conditions with fixed numbers of miles on airberlin domestic and inner-Europe flights will come into effect from 5.5.2015. The number of miles depends on the tariff category booked and the route.

As a topbonus status member you will continue to earn both award miles and status miles in all airberlin tariff categories and continue to enjoy status benefits. From 5.5.2015 to 31.7.2015 increased miles can be earned in the JustFly and FlyDeal categories.
I'm confused by the e-mail a little bit, I should've signed up for German mails. Haven't these tariffs been around for years?

http://www.airberlin.com/en-GB/site/...ramminfo&cat=1
Old May 5, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I also, have difficulty seeing what is this announcement. Anybody understands the change? Is it an early warning of a change by Aug 1? Or what do they mean? Do I miss something?
Old May 5, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think it's just announcing a new hand baggage only fare, which is cheaper than the already cheap fares on offer. Seems that it is eligible for mileage collection too, and there seems to be a double miles or multiple miles offer with it.
Old May 6, 2015, 6:39 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Concerto
I think it's just announcing a new hand baggage only fare, which is cheaper than the already cheap fares on offer. Seems that it is eligible for mileage collection too, and there seems to be a double miles or multiple miles offer with it.
Yep - I also read it this way...
Old May 6, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Dia, PC Plat, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, FB Gold, Hertz 5*

Anyone knows which booking classes are in each tariff category?
Old May 12, 2015, 2:05 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Asuming that the fly deal/just fly fares map to the same fareclass for short- and longhaul (as they list this table only for longhaul flights):

just fly at 50% earning - Z, G, P, E, W

fly deal at 100% earning - K, M, L, V, S, N, Q, O, H

fly classic at 150% earning - K, H, Y, B

fly flex at 200% earning - J, C, D, I

data is from their website. double listing of K and H in fly deal and fly classic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.