Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed luggage claim

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Delayed luggage claim

I was put on an AB flight from Stuttgart to TXL ,on 31-3-15. Due to luggage chaos in TXL I was without my bags for 5 days.
I was originally flying with KL via AMS, due to weather problems they rebooked me onto AB with a Y class ticket and paid AB an extra €85 for the second case.
AB customer services in Berlin informed my concierge that I could claim for emergency shopping.
I duly scanned all receipts,boarding pass and tags. Today I received an email giving me a voucher (€50) to redeem against a future flight.
Is it worth pursuing this further or will I be wasting more time on them?
The receipts were for €190. For reference BA authorised a friend in the same situation to spend €100 per day of missing luggage
Thanks for any ideas
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by ninjalad
I was put on an AB flight from Stuttgart to TXL ,on 31-3-15. Due to luggage chaos in TXL I was without my bags for 5 days.
I was originally flying with KL via AMS, due to weather problems they rebooked me onto AB with a Y class ticket and paid AB an extra €85 for the second case.
AB customer services in Berlin informed my concierge that I could claim for emergency shopping.
I duly scanned all receipts,boarding pass and tags. Today I received an email giving me a voucher (€50) to redeem against a future flight.
Is it worth pursuing this further or will I be wasting more time on them?
The receipts were for €190. For reference BA authorised a friend in the same situation to spend €100 per day of missing luggage
Thanks for any ideas
I would definitely threaten with court action - small claims court - I'm sure they would then offer you alot more. You should mention EU regulations. You have nothing to lose by writing another email.
I recently had a not so major inconvenience with AB - for a start they changed the flight to an indirect one (albeit with advance notice) then the first flight was delayed for 1.5 hours, and almost missed the connection, then I did not receive the special meal i ordered (and on the website it says clearly i am eligible).
I wrote an email complaining and threatening, they gave me 10,000 topbonus miles. But i wrote back that i don't accept this etc.. I hope to receive more, like a voucher or something.
I am a gold member with them, so could be my case is different.
I suppose it depends how valuable your time is.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't "threaten" unless you intend to actually do something. If SCC is really in the cards, say so.

What BA paid someone else in another situation won't help you with AB. They have their own formula. I would not expect to see anywhere close to EUR 190, but it is fair to ask for the cash (equivalent).

I would resubmit, noting that AB committed to reimbursement and that reimbursement does not mean a credit voucher.

Do not hold your breath. Bottom line advice for the future is do not spend anything you would not spend if the reimbursement were EUR 0, where the exact amount is not prepaid or specifically pre-authorized).
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Well I bought things that I had to have. Running around the Thursday afternoon before Easter I just grabbed things that would do for the weekend ,rather than spending time and more money on what I would normally buy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.