Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Subscribe
Quote: How long is the AB status valid for?
Valid until the end of the twelfth month. Eg I applied middle May 2015 valid until 31 May 2016
Asked for status match on 17 June; got email within 48 hours. Matched from Alaska Air MVP75 Gold to Air Berlin gold. Asked for Platinum, with "it' s Alaska's highest level" but no go. Gold status is already showing in my account.
I mostly use the status for flying on AB. But occasionally I used it for flying BA, IB, and AA. It gave me lounge access on all these airlines, as expected.
Requested July 6 from AC 100k Super Elite, we'll see what happens. I was surprised to see the South African guy get denied, I thought maybe they only wanted European members but then the guy posted regarding Alaska, so I'm hopeful.

I'm having trouble seeing the benefits though. I get the lounge part, but someone had told me that with Gold from AB you'd get the main cabin extra for free on AA? Is that accurate? The info on the benefits page I got kept coming up in german, so I couldn't understand any of it and couldn't switch the language on that particular page for some reason.

Even if you don't wanna answer the question, if anyone has a link in English that would show me the benefits of AB Gold outside of AB, I'd be appreciative...cuz I doubt I'll ever fly AB lol
Hmm almost 24 hours and didn't even get an auto-reply from AB. Fingers crossed.
Update: Received my Gold Card & 2 luggage tags in the mail yesterday, shows expiration 7/16 and One World Sapphire.

Still can't determine if I can bring 1 guest into (Etihad) Lounge with me.... anyone? In JFK it's a Wings lounge, if tht matters.
Still nothing...anyone from AC have any issues with this? I'm well over 3 weekdays and still not even a reply from them.

Worth sending in the request again? Or should I just wait? Seems like everyone else got them pretty quickly.
Quote: Still nothing...anyone from AC have any issues with this? I'm well over 3 weekdays and still not even a reply from them.

Worth sending in the request again? Or should I just wait? Seems like everyone else got them pretty quickly.
It has been several weeks since anyone has reported a swift match... Could just be busy at their end or summer vacation?
It is odd though that not even a auto reply came? Do they normally send a autoreply aknowledging your message?
Quote: I'm having trouble seeing the benefits though. I get the lounge part, but someone had told me that with Gold from AB you'd get the main cabin extra for free on AA? Is that accurate? ll ever fly AB lol

This is accurate. Plus AAdmirals Club access even on full US domestic itineraries.
Quote: It has been several weeks since anyone has reported a swift match... Could just be busy at their end or summer vacation?
It is odd though that not even a auto reply came? Do they normally send a autoreply aknowledging your message?
Did you get the match?
I requested on 7/1 and still no reply until now.
Maybe they stopped matching.
Quote: Did you get the match?
I requested on 7/1 and still no reply until now.
Maybe they stopped matching.
Some of my relatives were matched in april but havent tried here, just curiously lurking incase I need to match later, it seems AB has slowed down atleast or maybe they are reevaluating their match criteria?
I've still got not even so much as a reply. If in the next couple days I get nothing I'll email again.

I emailed my photo of the card as an attachment, I doubt that'd be a problem, but I'll include it in the body next time.

I only find it odd that they don't have an autoreply. Not all corporations do, but this seems to be an account that should/would have it like the AC super elite email. They send you the acknowledgement right away. I expected something like "thanks we'll be reviewing your case and get back to you within 5 business days" or whatever...but nothing yet.
Quote: I've still got not even so much as a reply. If in the next couple days I get nothing I'll email again.

I emailed my photo of the card as an attachment, I doubt that'd be a problem, but I'll include it in the body next time.

I only find it odd that they don't have an autoreply. Not all corporations do, but this seems to be an account that should/would have it like the AC super elite email. They send you the acknowledgement right away. I expected something like "thanks we'll be reviewing your case and get back to you within 5 business days" or whatever...but nothing yet.

It is rather odd that until two weeks ago people were reporting 24-48hr responses now no responses in two weeks 👍😂 drastic change.... Or did they loan their match employees to MM 😂
I was just denied a status match because it is limited to Germany, Switzerland, and Austria.
A new development?
Any workarounds?
Quote: I was just denied a status match because it is limited to Germany, Switzerland, and Austria.
A new development?
Any workarounds?
Change your address on the account to somewhere in those countries temporarily.
(put in a random address, then even though you wont get the card, you'll get the status)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  14