Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 11, 16, 10:32 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: miamiflyer8
Wiki Link
UPDATE DEC 12th 2016
New conditions for retaining matched status with AB:

If you are a member of another Frequent Flyer Program, you can match your status and receive the topbonus status card for 12 months for free.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 10.000 status miles or 10 flight segments, in order to maintain your Silver Card until the 12th month.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 20.000 status miles or 25 flight segments, in order to maintain your Gold Card until the 12th month.
Print Wikipost

Old May 4, 15, 8:20 am   #31

Programs: Accor Platinum,IHG Pl. Ambassador, SPG Gold,Hilton Gold,Best western Diamond,Club Carlson Gold,
I applied for a Status Match from South African Gold, but was denied.
WORLDWIDE TRAVELER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 15, 9:59 am   #32
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), AB OWS (Gold), IHG Plat, SPG Gold
AB makes sense if you fly with them (40% bonus, decent amount of miles for most booking classes) or when you travel within Australia from time to time /you have privileges - lounge access and excess baggage - with both QF (oneWorld) and VA (EY liaison)/ or when you need to use EY on top of your oneWorld travel /note: while in Y you will not get lounge access at all airports!/. Otherwise there are better programs (like AA), but they rarely do status match.
TPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 15, 12:15 am   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpew View Post
I notice the April matches are getting May 31 expiries. Does that mean that if I wait a few days, I'll get a card that expires at the end of June?
Sounds right. I was matched yesterday, and the expiry date is June 2016
Culture Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 15, 9:13 am   #34

Programs: A3*G, WS Gold, AB Silver, SPG Plat, MR Plat, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, Accor Plat, NEXUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL View Post
Sounds right. I was matched yesterday, and the expiry date is June 2016
Same. At first I read 30/6/16 as May, but then I counted on my fingers

Now my next issue: AA isn't recognising my 9-digit AB number...
pewpew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 15, 2:39 pm   #35

A friend of mine has a Platinum Credit Card from Swiss and got matched to topbonus Gold, don't understand why they would do something like that but good for him.
alefis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 15, 2:40 am   #36

Got matched to Gold card without any trouble. Good experience.
esseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 15, 11:37 pm   #37

Programs: KF, AC, SPG
Status Match - From Asiana Club Diamond

Hi Forum,

New member here. Seems like a great forum with plenty of information to learn. I understand that there's a specific thread on status matches, but I couldn't find specific information to help my situation.

I was an Asiana Club Diamond member for four years. This expired in November 2014. Yes, I realise this is a while ago now. However, I recently found out about Status matches. And was wondering would AB grant me an Elite tier status considering I was a Star Alliance Gold for four years?

I know it sounds funny, but I am a consultant and fly at least once a month and also enjoy taking numerous holidays across APAC. I am only realising now how much of a good thing having elite status really is and am building up elite miles with SQ's Kris Flyer program, which I am not too fond of after several disappointing experiences with them.

Has anybody been in the same situation as me and successfully received a status "match"?

Thank you
ThatguyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 15, 7:56 am   #38
Moderator, airberlin, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
I'm pretty sure that a match will only be granted by showing a current elite membership card / account statement.

For housekeeping reasons I'll move this thread into the big statusmatch thread and leave an expiring redirect.

ralfkrippner,
forum moderator
ralfkrippner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 15, 8:06 am   #39
Moderator, airberlin, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
merging this one into the big statusmatch thread and leaving an expiring redirect

ralfkrippner,
forum moderator
ralfkrippner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 15, 5:44 am   #40

Programs: A3*G, IC Plat Amb, CC Gold, Sixt Platinum
Any speculations on an estimated end of this status match offer?

I would like to match my A3*G, but with no OneWorld flights coming up in the next 12 months that would be rather useless.
flrvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 15, 10:47 am   #41

Programs: SK EBD (*G), AB Plat (OWE)
I got my status match more than a year ago (if this helps to gauge) -- back then it was challenge based. Now people seem to get it without a challenge, too.
wazow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 15, 6:43 am   #42

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Does Air Berlin still status match to Etihad? And from the reports it is good for 12 months from the time of request correct?
bgriz18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 15, 10:21 pm   #43

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgriz18 View Post
Does Air Berlin still status match to Etihad? And from the reports it is good for 12 months from the time of request correct?
Yes they matched my EY Gold to AB Gold. Did it about 6 weeks ago and although the status is showing online I haven't received the physical card yet. I'm based in the UAE so blaming the slow postal service!
minmaguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 15, 8:04 am   #44

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmaguire View Post
Yes they matched my EY Gold to AB Gold. Did it about 6 weeks ago and although the status is showing online I haven't received the physical card yet. I'm based in the UAE so blaming the slow postal service!
How long is the AB status valid for?
bgriz18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 15, 9:53 am   #45

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; SAS Silver EB; Alaska MVP 75K; AB Gold; Emirates Silver
Will AB Gold Match to Etihad gold?

What are you all use the AB gold status for, assuming it is for other reasons than flying ON AB?
DebitNM is offline   Reply With Quote