Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 11, 16, 10:32 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: miamiflyer8
Wiki Link
UPDATE DEC 12th 2016
New conditions for retaining matched status with AB:

If you are a member of another Frequent Flyer Program, you can match your status and receive the topbonus status card for 12 months for free.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 10.000 status miles or 10 flight segments, in order to maintain your Silver Card until the 12th month.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 20.000 status miles or 25 flight segments, in order to maintain your Gold Card until the 12th month.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 10, 16, 3:39 pm   #226

Programs: A3 Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFA, LATAM Black

If you are a member of another Frequent Flyer Program, you can match your status and receive the topbonus status card for 12 months for free.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 10.000 status miles or 10 flight segments, in order to maintain your Silver Card until the 12th month.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 20.000 status miles or 25 flight segments, in order to maintain your Gold Card until the 12th month.
on22cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 16, 1:49 am   #227

Programs: O6*G, SK*S, AB/RUBY, EK/SILVER, SBUX GOLD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by on22cz View Post

So if I got this right this means that they'll grant status for 6 months for free without earning a single mile?
miamiflyer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 16, 2:51 am   #228

Programs: A3 Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFA, LATAM Black
As long as you comply with other conditions, which remained unchanged if I saw right, you are correct. However, previously they granted status match for 12 months without earning a single mile, so it got more restrictive now.
on22cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 16, 6:52 am   #229

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC,LifeMiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by on22cz View Post
As long as you comply with other conditions, which remained unchanged if I saw right, you are correct. However, previously they granted status match for 12 months without earning a single mile, so it got more restrictive now.
Could the condition be retrospective?
YorkieFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 16, 10:32 am   #230

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I definitely saw the new T/C's posted before 12/12/16 so not sure when the cutoff was for the new terms.

I'm just surprised their poor IT systems can support such conditional structures and rules.
mrkymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 16, 6:01 pm   #231

Programs: CC Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver, Alaska Airlines MVP, United Silver
I saw on statusmatcher that airberlin is only matching AS MVP Gold to their silver tier. After flying 50K miles to reach MVP Gold feels like AB silver isn't even worth the hassle.
Mauibaby2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 16, 5:39 am   #232

Programs: SQ Gold, AB Gold, LH Silver
Successfully matched Krisflyer Gold to topbonus gold 2 days after my application. Flew MH 2 days after and was able to enjoy lounge access and personal greetings on MH metal, very impressed.
qsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 16, 6:13 am   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsharp View Post
Successfully matched Krisflyer Gold to topbonus gold 2 days after my application. Flew MH 2 days after and was able to enjoy lounge access and personal greetings on MH metal, very impressed.
How long valid for?
Old Dec 29, 16, 4:24 pm   #234

Programs: SQ Gold, AB Gold, LH Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
How long valid for?
I applied and was approved in early December and the status is now valid until 31 December 2017. And my qualification period is 01/12/2016 - 31/12/2017, so I am currently earning towards re-qualification already.
qsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 17, 1:13 pm   #235

Programs: *A Gold (TK), ST Elite Plus (AZ), Marriott(Silver), AS MVP, A3, BA, AP, SPG
My friend would like to status match to AB, but he only has an address in the USA, does AB still require to send a copy of the US passporte/ID? He is not an American. If he is match then, he only has 6 months to requalify the gold status?
Jma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 17, 5:52 am   #236
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Once in a lifetime?

Is a status match to AB something they will only accept once?
Or once every x years?
kcaluwae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 17, 5:55 am   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaluwae View Post
Is a status match to AB something they will only accept once?
Or once every x years?
Only once.