Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: miamiflyer8
UPDATE DEC 12th 2016
New conditions for retaining matched status with AB:

If you are a member of another Frequent Flyer Program, you can match your status and receive the topbonus status card for 12 months for free.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 10.000 status miles or 10 flight segments, in order to maintain your Silver Card until the 12th month.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 20.000 status miles or 25 flight segments, in order to maintain your Gold Card until the 12th month.
Print Wikipost

Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by keitherson
Statusmatcher is full of false reports and trolls as well. Not reliable.

And I don't know how many high-value HON Circle fliers would be low enough to status match just for free upgrade vouchers and then never use the status again. Their time is valuable, they don't need to play games.
I very well know that statusmatcher is full of trolls and I can easily point out the obvious ones were someone matched their BA Silver to HON, or someone matched from something and got BA or Air France status as those carriers will not grant a statusmatch even if their life depended on it.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I sent an email with a copy of my TK Gold and I got a response saying that I need to have an AB reservation during 2016 from USA to EU. The website doesn't mention any requirement... just send an email with a copy of my card.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:27 am

And want a proof of residency in Germany.

Senden Sie uns bitte einen amtlichen Nachweis ( Personalausweis oder Reisepass oder Meldebescheinigung des Einwohnermeldeamtes) über Ihren Wohnort in Düsseldorf, mit dortiger Angabe Ihrer vollständigen Adresse, per e-mail. Falls hierbei Ihre Identifikationsnummer eingedruckt ist bitten wir Sie, aus sicherheitstechnischen Gründen, diese abzudecken.
Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Yes, because there are hundreds, if not thousands of Mainland Chinese fliers faking credentials to access CX lounge and priority facilities in Hong Kong.

I have seen on other sites, people faking Turkish Gold cards and statements, and then using fake/borrowed European addresses to get the status match. Others also re-register for new accounts under pseudonyms, second names, middle names, and so forth. When the status match was opened to Americans, they switched to US addresses. That's why now they also require proof of flight. And sometimes, they will require proof of residency in Europe. (Faking proof of residency and/or ID can be a crime in many countries.)

There's also the issue of the Chinese all having common last names, so they also share frequent flyer numbers and cards, all to use for lounge access, because many airlines did not have the capability to check if it's a valid match with birthdays and first names.

So Air Berlin has had to put up a way to control this, and even had to develop special scripts and software to detect people that are registering second accounts under similar names.

This was also an issue when they were running the refer-a-friend promotion, people massively signing up fraudulent accounts.

Any other questions?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Yes, because there are hundreds, if not thousands of Mainland Chinese fliers faking credentials to access CX lounge and priority facilities in Hong Kong.

I have seen on other sites, people faking Turkish Gold cards and statements, and then using fake/borrowed European addresses to get the status match. Others also re-register for new accounts under pseudonyms, second names, middle names, and so forth. When the status match was opened to Americans, they switched to US addresses. That's why now they also require proof of flight. And sometimes, they will require proof of residency in Europe. (Faking proof of residency and/or ID can be a crime in many countries.)

There's also the issue of the Chinese all having common last names, so they also share frequent flyer numbers and cards, all to use for lounge access, because many airlines did not have the capability to check if it's a valid match with birthdays and first names.

So Air Berlin has had to put up a way to control this, and even had to develop special scripts and software to detect people that are registering second accounts under similar names.

This was also an issue when they were running the refer-a-friend promotion, people massively signing up fraudulent accounts.

Any other questions?
Which "other sites" are you referring to ?

Are Canadian residents eligible for the match ?

Last edited by MasterGeek; Oct 14, 2016 at 7:43 pm
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:22 pm

Any other questions?
Seems like you know things from the kitchen. Their special scripts and software are failing big time, though
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Diamond, Fairmont Premier, Amex Platinum, Aeroplan
Has anyone been matched recently ? I send a match request for Delta Gold last Friday but still didn't get a response apart from the automatic acknowledgment email
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Fees

Originally Posted by Mict
You can buy a fully refundable fare and cancel it after the match.
Don't they have tons of fees even though a fare is totally refundable?
https://www.airberlin.com/en/site/la...es.php#booking
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: A3*G, FRECCIA ALATA CLUB
I was not able to use a friends Swiss address and get a status match as they need official residence papers.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, AB Topbonus Gold, Club Carlson
I am an SAS EB Gold member and have succesfully got a statusmatch to a Topbonus Gold.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Seems like you know things from the kitchen. Their special scripts and software are failing big time, though
So is their bottom line: they likely will be bankrupt in a few years if Etihad doesn't keep bankrolling them. And Etihad is having a cash crunch of its own, because the government can't support it like before, from falling oil revenues.

If you want more news of what the Chinese are up to: everyone and their dog is a Hilton Diamond, Turkish Gold, and Marriott (and thus, also SPG) Gold.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:25 pm

I am sure all the AB status matches are bringing the airline down
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots

Any other questions?
Is flyertea.com one of the sites where mainland Chinese share tricks ? I gotta read it more often
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Turkish gold

AZ freccia alata

And EB Gold all matched to AB gold in the last week...

Though I have a feeling AB wont be in OW much longer
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I thought I read somewhere that EU residents were matched without reservations abd NA were required to have a booking. All matches in my family required sending local EU Identification to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.