Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: miamiflyer8
UPDATE DEC 12th 2016
New conditions for retaining matched status with AB:

If you are a member of another Frequent Flyer Program, you can match your status and receive the topbonus status card for 12 months for free.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 10.000 status miles or 10 flight segments, in order to maintain your Silver Card until the 12th month.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 20.000 status miles or 25 flight segments, in order to maintain your Gold Card until the 12th month.
Print Wikipost

Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by wco81
What oW status would I get with my UA Premier Gold?

Specifically interested in lounge privileges at the oW lounge at LAX.
It will get you Sapphire. Do note that for US based members you'd need to take one airberlin long haul flight to qualify.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:26 pm

Can anyone confirm if Freccia Alata Plus gets matched to AB Gold or Platinum?

Statusmatcher suggests it's Gold but I'd hope for Platinum as that's the equivalent in terms of tiers.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Statusmatcher suggests it's Gold but I'd hope for Platinum as that's the equivalent in terms of tiers.
I think they like to reserve at least something for those who fly and earn the status on the program.

In other words, no, you will not get Platinum.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by stargold
I think they like to reserve at least something for those who fly and earn the status on the program.

In other words, no, you will not get Platinum.
Are you speaking from experience or just moralising?

Alitalia didn't have any such reservations when they were matching!
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Can anyone confirm if Freccia Alata Plus gets matched to AB Gold or Platinum?

I matched Delta Platinum and got AB Gold. Even though it's not an equivalent in tiers, I get MCE and lounge access on AA and that's all I cared about
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Is thisd status match possible for UK addresses? Or is it reserved for specific countries?
Old Oct 8, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
As a status card holder with an alternative frequent flyer programme you will be awarded the corresponding status with topbonus for a probationary period of 12 months (Platinum Card excluded)
Match to AB Plat is not allowed no matter what your current status is.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by matio_svk
Match to AB Plat is not allowed no matter what your current status is.
They match LH HON to Platinum.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
They match LH HON to Platinum.
I'm not so sure I believe the statusmatcher reports. Lots of trolls on that site. The idea of a LH HON spender flying Airberlin is amusing though
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
I'm not so sure I believe the statusmatcher reports. Lots of trolls on that site. The idea of a LH HON spender flying Airberlin is amusing though
Not flying actual AB but just to have OWE on hand for those rare oneworld flights.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
They do match LH HON to AB Plat. You´ll even receive two Upgrade Vouchers.
And if you then don't fly with AB... they'll ask you why.

(They really do try to get HONs switching to AB )
Old Oct 11, 2016, 3:32 pm

Not flying actual AB but just to have OWE on hand for those rare oneworld flights.
If someone is paying tens of thousands of dollars for First and Business class (which is what you need to qualify for HON Circle), what makes you think they will be flying economy class on oneworld in order to need OWE benefits? High-value fliers do not need to spend time gaming the system with status matches.

Originally Posted by 330
They do match LH HON to AB Plat. You´ll even receive two Upgrade Vouchers.
And if you then don't fly with AB... they'll ask you why.

(They really do try to get HONs switching to AB )
Has someone written about this somewhere?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:34 pm

If someone is paying tens of thousands of dollars for First and Business class (which is what you need to qualify for HON Circle), what makes you think they will be flying economy class on oneworld in order to need OWE benefits? High-value fliers do not need to spend time gaming the system with status matches.

Has someone written about this somewhere?
Statusmatcher reports state it. If I were a HON I'd certainly not start flying Y just for OWE benefits, AB knows how much HON circle members fly so they want their business. Let's take an example of a HON who lives in Düsseldorf and they want to go to Miami for their vacation, their options are flying LH via FRA or directly DUS-MIA. As you receive two upgrade vouchers I'd by an Y ticket and burn the vouchers on that so that's how AB Plat can prove itself useful.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:28 pm

Statusmatcher reports state it. If I were a HON I'd certainly not start flying Y just for OWE benefits, AB knows how much HON circle members fly so they want their business. Let's take an example of a HON who lives in Düsseldorf and they want to go to Miami for their vacation, their options are flying LH via FRA or directly DUS-MIA. As you receive two upgrade vouchers I'd by an Y ticket and burn the vouchers on that so that's how AB Plat can prove itself useful.
Statusmatcher is full of false reports and trolls as well. Not reliable.

And I don't know how many high-value HON Circle fliers would be low enough to status match just for free upgrade vouchers and then never use the status again. Their time is valuable, they don't need to play games.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:41 pm

Statusmatcher is full of false reports and trolls as well. Not reliable.

And I don't know how many high-value HON Circle fliers would be low enough to status match just for free upgrade vouchers and then never use the status again. Their time is valuable, they don't need to play games.
There are ALL kinds of people in this world @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.