Wiki Posts
Search

seat selection for owe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

seat selection for owe

Can someone point out any links to show how a owe is able to pre select a seat as part of ow benefits on air Berlin. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:57 am

Good Luck. I found it to be a really frustrating process. I was told different things by different agents and I was assigned seats that disappeared. However, I received an unasked for upgrade at the gate for the long-haul portion of my flight, so I walked away happy.

Here is the phone number: (866) 266-5588

There are at lease 2 threads (either in this forum or in the AA forum; I don't remember); both are easy to find by a search. Bottom line, you have to call; seats selected by other means disappear (as do some assigned through calling, but not all).

I also had seat assignments for the Gold members of my party (that I got for them within, I believe, 30 hours of flight time) disappear.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Good Luck. I found it to be a really frustrating process. I was told different things by different agents and I was assigned seats that disappeared. However, I received an unasked for upgrade at the gate for the long-haul portion of my flight, so I walked away happy.

Here is the phone number: (866) 266-5588

There are at lease 2 threads (either in this forum or in the AA forum; I don't remember); both are easy to find by a search. Bottom line, you have to call; seats selected by other means disappear (as do some assigned through calling, but not all).

I also had seat assignments for the Gold members of my party (that I got for them within, I believe, 30 hours of flight time) disappear.
Many thanks. How did this bunch of amateurs get into ow.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Send them a message on the airberlin website. Drop down menu: Your booking/special services.

https://www.airberlin.com/en-DE/site...a.php?choice=1

I always do it that way to save the waiting and cost of a call. They usually allocate the seats within a couple of days.

They really should improve their website!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
seat selection for owe

Why is it so hard to pick up a phone and call? I never got any problems in getting my prefered seats as OWE.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Why is it so hard to pick up a phone and call? I never got any problems in getting my prefered seats as OWE.
Not a big problem if you don't mind waiting for 15 minutes in a calling queue and paying 3 euros. For me it takes about a minute to send a message and then it's done and dusted.

But by all means if anybody wants to phone then fine.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by headingwest
Not a big problem if you don't mind waiting for 15 minutes in a calling queue and paying 3 euros. For me it takes about a minute to send a message and then it's done and dusted.

But by all means if anybody wants to phone then fine.
3 Euro for a call? You better change your phone operator! I never had to spend 15 minutes in the queue! AB offers toll free or local numbers in most countries! As I have a local flatrate i pay nil to call AB.

While waiting (which is usually not so long) I do other things - like surfing in FT. When I call I usually make reservations for many flights to save time.

I always got my preferred seats and on most flights the seat next to me was blocked.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by headingwest
Send them a message on the airberlin website. Drop down menu: Your booking/special services.

https://www.airberlin.com/en-DE/site...a.php?choice=1

I always do it that way to save the waiting and cost of a call. They usually allocate the seats within a couple of days.

They really should improve their website!
Thanks. This is simple enough if it works!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Thanks. This is simple enough if it works!
I usually write something along the lines....I would like Priority Seating in the lowest possible row 1-5, in A or F - with Hold Free Seat B or E.

They usually send me a message back within 3 days, but amazingly they once sent a confirmation back within an hour!

I find this method much simpler, and it's probably easier for them too.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
I just wait for the 30 hr OLCI deadline

Are we talking about SH here?

I flew 50+ segments on airberlin as OWE last year and each time I just used OLCI and was in 95% of the times in a position to get a window seat (my personal preference) in the first three or four rows.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
Are we talking about SH here?

I flew 50+ segments on airberlin as OWE last year and each time I just used OLCI and was in 95% of the times in a position to get a window seat (my personal preference) in the first three or four rows.
SH, yes.

Really? That's interesting to know. You won't get the Hold Free Seat on the next seat though. Then it's like BA Club Europe without the gourmet meal. Although some Emeralds have reported even getting that!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Moving down the pecking order, are OneWorld Sapphires able to do seat reservations on award travel in Coach?

I've got a TATL on AB on hold (booked through the AA site using AAdvantage miles), and don't know if it will be possible to get comfort or exit-row seating.

Thank you.

Last edited by Middle_Seat; Jan 10, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:10 am

Hi Middle_Seat,

oneworld Sapphire status is equivalent to Topbonus Gold, the benefits are listed here:

http://www.airberlin.com/en-DE/site/...=gold&onecard=

So yes, you should be able to get XL seats free of charge, plus possibly Hold Seat Free (free next seat), but I think the latter may be only on shorthaul.

On a reward flight you'll definitely get the free seat selection.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
seat selection for owe

There is a pages long thread on this topic. A search would reveal that sapphires can get seat assignment for free but NOT XL.

In my experience they are now insisting on charge XL seats in both JFK and DUS even at check-in.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Thank you for your replies, headingwest and seawolf.

Two days ago I finalized the AAdvantage award travel, and early this morning I received the ticket number (it took ~36 hours).

I'm not yet able to see my AB record locator on Finnair, but when that happens I'll try to do seat selection for the AB segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.