Wiki Posts
Search

seat selection for owe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Thank you for your replies, headingwest and seawolf.

Two days ago I finalized the AAdvantage award travel, and early this morning I received the ticket number (it took ~36 hours).

I'm not yet able to see my AB record locator on Finnair, but when that happens I'll try to do seat selection for the AB segments.
I would try calling AA for seats assignment. They have been able to get seats for me. Also did you obtain the AB PNR from AA? You can plug that into checkmytrip.com to confirm the seat assignments.

Wasn't aware you can assign seats from AY site. If the itinerary is entirely with AB, then the AB website should let you assign as well.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
I finally called AirBerlin, and was given their "Booking Record" number for the trip that was booked on AA.com with AAdvantage miles.

I was disappointed to learn that OneWorld Sapphires do not qualify for free Premium Economy seating on AirBerlin with award travel...that added cost for a TATL o/w is $90.

And, the best seats (1A, 1C, 2D and 2F) on the AB Bombardier Q400 aircraft are reserved for "bassinets."
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:25 pm
Original Member

What "Premium Economy" seats are you referring to? There's exit row (XL) and then there's everything else. There is a charge for exit row.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
seat selection for owe

The front seats in the Q400 cannot be reserved. I only managed to get them at the checkin counter.

XL Seats are officially free only for their own elites.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
Then it's like BA Club Europe without the gourmet meal. Although some Emeralds have reported even getting that!
...as BA Emerald, the middle seat is usually empty. Always sit in first three rows. For longer European segments, actually seeing an AB agent in TXL beforehand works like a charm (then again, I'm at TXL at least twice a week). Advance seat selection at booking does not work the way it should (yet). Can't comment on economy long-haul.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
I am also struggling with this right now - on the phone. I am AA EXP (OWE) traveling with spouse who is AA Platinum (OWS). I have called repeatedly and have been told:

- Calling Amadeus number, they say all XL seats are NOT free.

- Calling AB direct, they say "one seat costs €79.24 (tax included) at a discounted price because the seats are free only with a topbonus Gold/Platinum card obtained from Air Berlin for trips with Air Berlin."

The specific flight I am trying to deal with is AUH-VIE which is an HG flight. Is it possible that this is the reason for the problem?

I find AB/HG incredibly frustrating to deal with in terms of customer service, although their flights are usually just fine.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Just a follow up and now a request for help. I have tried calling AB multiple times, including the Amadeus number above, and including escalating to supervisors.

The final answer: XL seats are not free for anybody that takes HG 7087 (AUH-VIE).

Is this true? Is there anyone else I can talk to? Finally, does this mean that AB/HG is not obliged to offer XL seats to OWE at all?

Any help is appreciated - thank you!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:46 am
Original Member

seat selection for owe

There is another thread on topic and it is NOT free for OWS/OWE on AB. It hasn't been free for about a year if not more. The OW benefit for preferred seating is subject to interpretation by each member airline.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Delete. ...

Last edited by Bikeguy; Feb 22, 2015 at 12:33 pm
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Thanks for all the information in this thread. I have a business award booked on AA miles from TXL to DUS to ORD. The flight to DUS looks to be economy only and AA couldn't book a seat. The Qatar website is definitely more user friendly than the airberlin site. I used qatar, added a seat txl to dus segment, and went back to AA and the seat assignment was there. I hope it sticks Until flight time
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Just want to add another data point.

Flew KRK-TXL-MUC. Couldn't select seat at all (without paying) on AB, but was able to request seats on Qantas and got front-ish window seats. Tried RJ too, all seats (including XL) were available. So took XL seats and those were actually confirmed.

However, during OLCI I found my seats reverted back to those per Qantas!

Anyways, at check in counter I asked for those XL seats and got them on both segments.

Once on board though, the XL seats became free for all as soon as the boarding completed announcement, and the cabin crew didn't intervene at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.