Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AB miles for AA award flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:18 am
Original Poster

AB miles for AA award flights

Where is the best place to search for award space? Is calling TopBonus in the most reliable way?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
For AA flights, you can usually search online. Unless you have gold status, the regular line can take up to 30 mins wait time.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by J_rob129
For AA flights, you can usually search online. Unless you have gold status, the regular line can take up to 30 mins wait time.
Search on AA.com or AB?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:22 am

AA has very good search tool: http://www.aa.com/reservation/awardF...tionsSubmit.do
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Search on AA.com or AB?
I do it on BA because I do not have an AA account. But sometimes even if BA has a flight, doesn't mean AB has it.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:32 am
Original Poster

So the best way is to search on AB?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:01 am

as far as I remember, it's not required to have AA account in order to enter their search tool and find available flights, however, you need to be registered member if you want to know amout of taxes, which is indicated in next step, after the list of available flights.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:12 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
So the best way is to search on AB?
for AB flights (and to some extend EY) the best way is to search on AB.
for OW partner flights, I found the BA site most useful, but I assume AA works fine too.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gkl
OW partner flights, I found the BA site most useful, but I assume AA works fine too.
Does that mean AB see the same award space as BA/AA?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Does that mean AB see the same award space as BA/AA?
Based on my experience, AB has the same award space as BA for AA flights (possibly with the exception of joint venture flights). I've booked several AB redemption flights on AA and never had any issue.

However, most airlines, and probably also AA, release some additional space for their own elite members. Also most airlines block award space if they still have award space on their own flights available (e.g. if there's AB space from DUS or TXL to JFK, they will probably block AA flights from Germany to East Coast US, but that's the same for BA and AA).
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swiss_global
Based on my experience, AB has the same award space as BA for AA flights (possibly with the exception of joint venture flights). I've booked several AB redemption flights on AA and never had any issue.

However, most airlines, and probably also AA, release some additional space for their own elite members. Also most airlines block award space if they still have award space on their own flights available (e.g. if there's AB space from DUS or TXL to JFK, they will probably block AA flights from Germany to East Coast US, but that's the same for BA and AA).
Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Looking to get to Europe next summer with possibly using AB for the trip from LAX using AAmiles.

Just curious how far out AB or AA or BA would post their award availability for something at then end of June?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.