Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

airberlin adjusts USA flights and frequencies 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Air Berlin will drop Miami/MIA-Berlin/Tegel/TXL flights in May 2015, but add frequencies on routes to Dusseldorf/DUS from its New York/Kennedy/JFK, Los Angeles/LAX and Chicago/ORD and Los Angeles, according to business travel writer Joe Brancatelli.

MIA will offer AA's new flight to FRA for an onward TXL connection.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Further route network optimisation – focusing on airberlin’s strenghts
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:14 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
All in all to me their strategy now gets much clearer. There are essentially three parts in their business model:

- International business compatible network carrier with hubs in DUS and TXL, connected to the USA with onward connections on AA/US and towards the east via AUH on EY

- Intra Germany shuttle routes like FRA-TXL

- European and sun destinations charter/touristic offerings

It might well be possible that those parts of AB will be split up into two or more companies. If they have to sell part of AB, I guess it might be the touristic part. The remaining AB would be a quite small and fragile operation IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.