Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

AB is moving from MXP to LIN / AZ codeshare + miles earning

AB is moving from MXP to LIN / AZ codeshare + miles earning

Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Post AB is moving from MXP to LIN / AZ codeshare + miles earning

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ensa-to-linate
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
moving from MXP to LIN

That means no connection from/to AA JFK and MIA.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
This is a great news for me! I live close to LIN and this move will make traveling on AB even easier. BA lounge at LIN is very good too.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: A3 *S
This is really cruddy for me. In December I have an AB flight from TXL to MXP, connecting to Cathay Pacific to HKG. Now the flight from TXL will arrive at LIN and I'll have to travel across the city to get to MXP for the flight to HKG.

Anyone know how this affects luggage? I had wanted my two very heavy luggages to be checked through directly to HKG. :-/ Does this mean I'll have to lug the luggages across the city also?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:38 am

Programs: LH/BA/DL
Originally Posted by fizban
This is really cruddy for me. In December I have an AB flight from TXL to MXP, connecting to Cathay Pacific to HKG.
Are both flights on one ticket/booking? If so, maybe you can ask to be rebooked on TXL-FRA-HKG on AB/CX or even TXL-LHR-HKG on BA/CX? I think getting from LIN to MXP is quite an inconvenience and not acceptable if the flights were booked together.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Greg45
Are both flights on one ticket/booking? If so, maybe you can ask to be rebooked on TXL-FRA-HKG on AB/CX or even TXL-LHR-HKG on BA/CX? I think getting from LIN to MXP is quite an inconvenience and not acceptable if the flights were booked together.
Yes, the flights are booked on one ticket. Problem is that my wife and I are booked for two F class seats on CX from MXP to HKG, and two F award seats are incredibly difficult to come by, so I'm pretty much stuck. Maybe more F seats will open up closer to departure.

I still haven't gotten official notification that the flights have changed! But searching for flights on Matrix no longer shows the old flights to MXP and only shows the new flights to LIN.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Does AB allow a refund (for a non-refundable fare) if I do not want to fly to LIN?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fizban
This is really cruddy for me. In December I have an AB flight from TXL to MXP, connecting to Cathay Pacific to HKG. Now the flight from TXL will arrive at LIN and I'll have to travel across the city to get to MXP for the flight to HKG.

Anyone know how this affects luggage? I had wanted my two very heavy luggages to be checked through directly to HKG. :-/ Does this mean I'll have to lug the luggages across the city also?
Yes it will mean you have to lug your bags across town.

Which carrier issued the ticket? If that carrier has an interline with Eurowings, perhaps they can put you on that instead.

Originally Posted by Temedar
Does AB allow a refund (for a non-refundable fare) if I do not want to fly to LIN?
They should.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Yes it will mean you have to lug your bags across town. Which carrier issued the ticket? If that carrier has an interline with Eurowings, perhaps they can put you on that instead.
My award ticket was issued by US Airways. Do you have any idea if they interline with Eurowings?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Post Code share and miles with Alitalia

Apologize for the Italian language:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buongiorno!
A pochi minuti dal centro: dal 26 ottobre 2014 airberlin voler da Milano Linate, laeroporto vicino alla citt.

Inoltre, grazie al nuovo partner di code sharing Alitalia, dal 26 ottobre potrai usufruire di collegamenti migliori e oltre 400 voli non-stop tra Italia, Germania, Austria e Svizzera. Potrai cos programmare il viaggio in base alle tue precise esigenze.

Prenota ora i biglietti da Milano Linate:
Voli a partire da 99 *

P.S. Inoltre, dal 1 novembre, potrai accumulare preziose miglia topbonus su tutte le tratte operate da Alitalia.

Il team di airberlin
ti augura buon volo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Alitalia, new code share partner

2) from Nov 1st, you can earn miles on all Alitalia fligths
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:40 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Thanks for all those news - I've edited the thread title so that it better reflects all the content that can be found within.

ralfkrippner
forum moderator
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I found out about this today.

I have a booking VIE-MXP for 30th December returning 2nd January with Niki. Last week airberlin/Niki sent me an e-mail advising me of a change of times, but the airport is shown as the same. However, when I checked my booking on their website, it clearly shows that they've changed the destination airport to LIN.

Now, this might be better but I've already booked a room at a hotel for 1 night near the airport at MXP! Unfortunately, this is a non-refundable booking so I won't get my money back for cancelling it. So I'm not very happy. Will airberlin pick up the bill for the night in a hotel??
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:02 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I would definitely try to get that hotel money back. But you will have to invest some time in contacting AB and probably follow up (a few times?).
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
I would definitely try to get that hotel money back. But you will have to invest some time in contacting AB and probably follow up (a few times?).
thanks ralfkrippner, I'll certainly give it a try. I don't see why I should be out of pocket because they changed the destination airport. I'll report back the result.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:40 am

So just to follow up on this for future reference,

Airberlin/Niki will not reimburse my hotel booking, even though they changed my airport of departure. They say that they can't give me my money back for booking the hotel.

I'm not impressed, and will remember this in the future when thinking of booking with Airberlin. This is not very professional of them.

They have agreed to rebook me on a later flight, which gives me time to travel from MXP to LIN by bus/train. Unfortunately, I have been booked on an Alitalia flight, which means that I won't have access to the oneworld lounge.

This is my first bad experience with Airberlin/Niki, but it seems like they think they can change flights without compensating customers for inconvenience. Not a good result.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.