Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Surplus through status changing miles transaction

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:38 am
Original Poster

I have collected enough status miles on my current credit card bill to qualify for silver status as soon as they are transferred. As I have another big purchase coming up, I was wondering what happens if they are credited in the same transaction?

Will the surplus count towards the gold status or will I have to start fresh and have to collect the full 50 000 after achieving silver status?

The latter does not make much sense but I don't want to risk it since I can easily postpone that purchase. Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:43 am

In my latest upgrade (gold to platinum), I noticed that the Miles earned in the month I reached the 100k, were visible in the next month as already acquired to maintain my status in 12 months.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Are you saying that the miles were basically counted twice, once to get you over the platinum threshold and once more towards the next level (maintaining platinum in your case)?

So if I were at 20k and got credited 6k, would I have 49k to go for gold or only 44k? The latter seems too good to be true.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by TheHedgehog
So if I were at 20k and got credited 6k, would I have 49k to go for gold or only 44k? The latter seems too good to be true.
Even that is not good enough to be true: in your case you would have 24k left for Gold - provided that you earned the 26k in the last 12 months.

Topbonus has a rollover system always regarding your mileage earnings in the last 13 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.