Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Silver membership and access to lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm about to become a silver member and I'm curious how it works with the lounges. Where exactly can I access lounges. The silver membership seems to be limited in this aspect.

I'm a bit worried it is only outbound from Germany, since I do a lot of flights outside Germany that is not very good.

Can I access oneworld lounges or it has to be specific airberlin lounges?

Thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
AB Silver is Oneworld Ruby, so you don't get access to Oneworld Lounges.

You just get access to the "Exklusiver Wartebereich" (Exclusive Waiting Area):

http://www.airberlin.com/en-DE/site/...a.php?LANG=eng
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Do oneworld ruby members of other OW programs get access to the exclusive waiting areas or is it just Airberlin Silver?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Do oneworld ruby members of other OW programs get access to the exclusive waiting areas or is it just Airberlin Silver?
This one is a bit of a mystery - it seems to depend on the airport! OW Emerald will not get you into exclusive waiting area at TXL, but you can get in at CGN and VIE. Haven't tried any others.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
airberlin states on their website:

''Of course holders of status cards from oneworld airline partners also enjoy oneworld status benefits on airberlin flights according to their oneworld status level.''

http://www.airberlin.com/en-SK/site/...e=1&maxcount=0

That seems pretty clear to me, but I know BAEC Gold members sometimes have problems requesting meals on SH.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, OWE Saphire, VS, IB, HHonours, Former Under The Sea Dweller
This confuses me, sorry as I am a little slow, I am BAEC Silver, and am flying later in the year to CTA from DUS, as there is only the 1 class do I get access to the Hugo Junkers lounge and can I get a guest in?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:36 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Tuggster
This confuses me, sorry as I am a little slow, I am BAEC Silver, and am flying later in the year to CTA from DUS, as there is only the 1 class do I get access to the Hugo Junkers lounge and can I get a guest in?
yes and yes. For OWS and OWE, access to the lounge does not depend on the class of service.
the above-described "Exklusive Wartebereiche" (exclusive waiting areas) are AB-own and have own access rules. The Hugo Junkers Lounge is much better than the exclusive waiting areas.

Also don´t mix AB Silver (which is OW Ruby and allows you into the exclusive waiting areas) with BA Silver (which is OW Sapphire and get´s you into the 'real' lounge).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.