Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

How many miles required to retain Gold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Do you have to collect 50000 status miles each year to renew the Gold status or is there some sort of discount once you are on Gold level? Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: Topbonus, Miles&Bonus, Miles&Less
Originally Posted by Donegal
Do you have to collect 50000 status miles each year to renew the Gold status or is there some sort of discount once you are on Gold level? Thanks
As Gold member you recieve a bonus of 40% to your miles and status miles. As such, you would hence need only 50 000/1.4 = 35 714 miles.

Edit:
Here are the conditions for the mileage bonus:

The Gold Bonus is only applicable to standard miles earned on flights, and not to bonus miles such as those awarded under “My Route” or other mileage special offers.
The Gold Bonus does not apply cumulatively with the Silver Bonus.
The benefit is only available on flights marketed by airberlin or NIKI (i.e. flights with an airberlin (AB) or NIKI (HG) flight number), which are eligible for mileage credit. The Gold Bonus is credited on flights booked in the JustFly, FlyDeal, FlyClassic and FlyFlex fare categories as well as on flights booked in Business Class.
The benefit only applies to mileage credit in accordance with the airberlin mileage calculation chart.
Only available to topbonus members with Gold or Platinum status.
Please note that your topbonus status must be valid at the time you use the service (i.e. you need a valid status card at the time of travel).

Last edited by dio1982; Aug 22, 2014 at 5:16 am Reason: added conditions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.