Wiki Posts
Search

Status match - validity time?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2014, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Status match - validity time?

I got a status match from AB a few moths ago with a 4 months challenge. I will complete the challenge this week. The challenge email was saying that if I complete it, my gold status will be extended "for one more year". I have two questions:

1) will they automatically register that I completed the challenge, or should I email them? (I am completing on segments)

2) will my qualifying year be changed to last from day of meeting of the challenge ? and then I will be kept gold in that year? Or od they mean that they will merely extend it to the end of my current year? Or may be to the end of the next year?

I hope that someone who got the status match, can help me.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by wazow
I got a status match from AB a few moths ago with a 4 months challenge. I will complete the challenge this week. The challenge email was saying that if I complete it, my gold status will be extended "for one more year". I have two questions:

1) will they automatically register that I completed the challenge, or should I email them? (I am completing on segments)

2) will my qualifying year be changed to last from day of meeting of the challenge ? and then I will be kept gold in that year? Or od they mean that they will merely extend it to the end of my current year? Or may be to the end of the next year?

I hope that someone who got the status match, can help me.
I have recently completed the challenge.

1. They automatically register that you have completed it (i did it on miles but i assume it would be the same for segments).

2. It is valid for 12 months (actually mine looks like 13 months) from the date you were due to complete the challenge. So my challenge finished end of June (i actually met the qualification requirements back in January) and it was extended to the end of July the next year.

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Thanks. This is very useful. So I have full 12 months to requalify (this is what I wanted to know).
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by wazow
Thanks. This is very useful. So I have full 12 months to requalify (this is what I wanted to know).
That's how it seems to work for me but YMMV as always!
Old Jul 3, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Related question - I'm about to join TopBonus to find a home for 25k EY miles I will earn in October. Would AB status match to my BA Gold , or do they only do this for non-OW airlines ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.