Community
Wiki Posts
Search

topdeal tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:00 am
Original Poster

topdeal tickets

As I was signing up for topBonus I noticed the bit about "some tickets for only 3000 miles" further internet searches show they have a topdeal webpage, but it says 'coming soon'. How does this work? Is it on some regular schedule? Or just whenever they feel like it?

Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Originally Posted by johnm1019
As I was signing up for topBonus I noticed the bit about "some tickets for only 3000 miles" further internet searches show they have a topdeal webpage, but it says 'coming soon'. How does this work? Is it on some regular schedule? Or just whenever they feel like it?

Thanks.
These deals come and go once in a while (roughly every 2-3 months). The last promotion ended this past Saturday.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'm really glad that someone has started a thread about this, because I think it is something worth discussing. I missed the last promotion because I had just got back from Mallorca...but I noticed they were offering Palma da Mallorca from most German cities for ONLY 2,500 miles! I presume that must be one way prices only. Doesn't get much better than that! Hope to pick one up next time!
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Might be useful to keep a "topdeal sticky" thread in the forum. This way users could add email subscriptions to the sticky thread, and then they would get updates when new topdeal's are posted. Which I don't think is possible through topbonus..... or does AB email everyone?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
They do email only those members who have opted in to do so (German privacy laws...), although I believe this is set by default when you first set up your account.
To see if you do receive these messages, go to your profile (https://www.airberlin.com/en-CH/site/yab/profile.php) and select the "Communications" tab. Under ''manage settings", make sure the checkbox at 'Latest news all about the topbonus Program' is set. If it is, you'll receive the topdeal ticket announcements.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by johnm1019
Might be useful to keep a "topdeal sticky" thread in the forum. This way users could add email subscriptions to the sticky thread, and then they would get updates when new topdeal's are posted. Which I don't think is possible through topbonus..... or does AB email everyone?
In my situation, they've only e-mailed Top Bonus notices as part of a FF statement. Not sent separately. Maybe others have a different experience? But I agree, there should be a sticky here for Tob Bonus alerts.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:13 am

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Originally Posted by Fanjet
In my situation, they've only e-mailed Top Bonus notices as part of a FF statement. Not sent separately. Maybe others have a different experience? But I agree, there should be a sticky here for Tob Bonus alerts.
I receive email separately once a week or so about promotions etc. including this last Topdeal promotion.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the Topdeals are on the go again. I can't seem to open the link on the iPad so I can't copy it here. Have a look at your emails from airberlin for there will be a link there.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:25 am

They are indeed, and the link to book is here: http://www.airberlin.com/en-GB/site/...redemption.php

Snagged me a trip to OSL with miles that were going to expire at the end of the month ^
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much for posting this! I didn't get notified by AB but am subscribed to this thread.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just snagged a one way ticket from DUS to ZRH on 1st July for 2,500 miles and EUR48.54 taxes. A one way ticket would have cost EUR184.54, so I feel it is a bargain for 2,500 miles. However, I need to do ZRH-DUS in early August, and that would have cost EUR124 for the whole round trip (1st July to 7th August), but it is nice not being locked into the 7th August so far in advance thanks to this one way miles ticket.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The topdeal offers are back:

http://www.airberlin.com/en-GB/site/...mpaign=tb_snap

Not soo exciting this time, but there must be something to please somebody.

Last edited by Concerto; Aug 5, 2014 at 3:18 pm Reason: missing info
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:52 am

last chance - the current topdeal offer ends in 10 hours.
DUS-LAX (or vice-versa) return for 30k is not a bad deal.

Last edited by bhomburg; Aug 13, 2014 at 5:53 am Reason: added link
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
They're back on again !
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: Topbonus, Miles&Bonus, Miles&Less
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
They're back on again !
No DUS-LAX this time, but MUC-Palma at 5000 return is hot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.