Wiki Posts
Search

Connection time in Dusseldorf

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 2mm, SPG Gold
Connection time in Dusseldorf

I have an award on hold for October from NCE-DUS-TXL. The connection time is only 35 minutes. I have never been to Dusseldorf, though I know it is a small airport and easy to connect. With all intra-Schengen flights, will this be enough time? Will I have to re-clear security? Would I be OK checking a bag in the hold?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
If everything is ontime, connection (incl. checked bags) should be fine.
You just have to go to the next gate in Terminal B (which takes you 5 mins)
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:12 pm

You will have time left to visit the lounge (albeit a short visit).
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:30 am

After searching this site, I get to know that Dusseldorf is small and great for connections. However, I wonder if on separate PNR/tickeets, will 125 mins be enough to deplane, collect luggage and check in again?
I'll be arriving from Ahu Dhabi on Etihad(already ticked, business, so I'll be the first few ones to get off the plane) at 7:20 in August 2017, and my final destination will be Barcelona. There's an Air Berlin flight to Barcelona on 9:25, and another Norwegian flight to Barcelona at 12:10.
Now I'm tempted to book the AB flight at 9:25, which gives me 125mins connection time. I know this will be doable if I have no check in luggage (in fact the AB flight is code shared with EY, and cab be purchased into one ticket, but will be much more expensive). But since I have check in luggage and EY stops interlining baggage for tickets issued after Feb 1st, 2017(which I assume doesn't affect me as my ticket was issued in Jan 2017), will 125 mins be enough to deplane, go through immigration and drop my luggage at the AB counter if my EY flight is on time?(Technically 80mins, as AB flight close its counter 45mins before departure time) Or is it a better idea to purchase the Norwegian flight at 12:10?(I'm asking cause I don't want to spend too much time in dusseldorf, will be plan a one night layover in Dusseldorf on my way back.)

Many thanks for your reply in advance.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:29 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
If no delay, you'll be fine. If there is a delay, you may end up forfeiting the airberlin ticket (depends on fare rule of the ticket).
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Originally Posted by wangwb3
After searching this site, I get to know that Dusseldorf is small and great for connections. However, I wonder if on separate PNR/tickeets, will 125 mins be enough to deplane, collect luggage and check in again?
I'll be arriving from Ahu Dhabi on Etihad(already ticked, business, so I'll be the first few ones to get off the plane) at 7:20 in August 2017, and my final destination will be Barcelona. There's an Air Berlin flight to Barcelona on 9:25, and another Norwegian flight to Barcelona at 12:10.
Now I'm tempted to book the AB flight at 9:25, which gives me 125mins connection time. I know this will be doable if I have no check in luggage (in fact the AB flight is code shared with EY, and cab be purchased into one ticket, but will be much more expensive). But since I have check in luggage and EY stops interlining baggage for tickets issued after Feb 1st, 2017(which I assume doesn't affect me as my ticket was issued in Jan 2017), will 125 mins be enough to deplane, go through immigration and drop my luggage at the AB counter if my EY flight is on time?(Technically 80mins, as AB flight close its counter 45mins before departure time) Or is it a better idea to purchase the Norwegian flight at 12:10?(I'm asking cause I don't want to spend too much time in dusseldorf, will be plan a one night layover in Dusseldorf on my way back.)

Many thanks for your reply in advance.
Passport control and baggage is usually quick in DUS and once you exit, you just need to take the elevator one floor up to get to AB check in desk. It usually takes me 30 min max. from non-schengen arrival to taxi here.

Depending on the day, the EY morning arrival might be around the same time as AB's US/Caribbean and CX/CA/SQ's Asia arrivals which will make passport control busier than usual, but we are not talking about JFK T4 here
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by newflyer530

Depending on the day, the EY morning arrival might be around the same time as AB's US/Caribbean and CX/CA/SQ's Asia arrivals which will make passport control busier than usual, but we are not talking about JFK T4 here
Passport for CX/CA/SQ should be in A whereas AB and EY is in C. The real problem at passport control can be EK 380 which brings in tons of pax. I "hate" that one as it arrives at the same time as one of my regular flights from LCY
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Passport for CX/CA/SQ should be in A whereas AB and EY is in C. The real problem at passport control can be EK 380 which brings in tons of pax. I "hate" that one as it arrives at the same time as one of my regular flights from LCY
You are right! CX/CA/SQ get into A together with LH... forgot about that
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:03 am

Trying to keep to an existing thread, although the topic here is a long connection: six hours between arrival from the U.S. and departure to FCO. We're asking for wheelchair assistance for my wife. I know that we have Schengen passport control: do I see that we can do without a security check? Otherwise I was thinking of asking if we'd be more comfortable spending most of the time landside. Staying airside in concourse B, it looks like we can pay for access to the Junkers lounge: would that be worthwhile?

Flights to FCO today leave from gates B58 and B71: zooming in on Google Maps with gate numbers, I don't see B gate numbers that high, so would these be remote stands? Where is the bus boarding area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.