Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

AB Status Match - Time Until oneworld Update?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AB Status Match - Time Until oneworld Update?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Plat, BA Gold, SPG Plat, HHo Gold
Originally Posted by piiit
Yes, they exclusively did so in april. Might still do that.

From LH HON as well as from FB Platinum.
My request was refused -- in April, in line with what the website says.

However, I had also heard this earlier on to be happening;

puzzled now.
Old May 12, 2015, 5:32 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by pewpew
Originally Posted by l380
Yup they do. In addition, you can request them to send you an official confirmation letter to prove your matched status validity. ^

Speaking of which, my status was matched 10 days ago and QR's system recognized it for my trip right now!
I got that official confirmation letter, but has anyone had any luck with airlines actually accepting that in lieu of a card...?
Cx is ok with kust the number
Ive gotten seat assignments w ba
Old May 12, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Originally Posted by Jan@BRU
My request was refused -- in April, in line with what the website says.

However, I had also heard this earlier on to be happening;

puzzled now.
Thats odd.
You might rerequest it.
This is also seems to be depending on the agent.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:49 pm

Post Match - next steps to get AB Gold Benefits on AA

OK - forgive me for asking to dumb this down, but just successfully matched DL Gold to AB Gold. Got confirmation this morning, expect card in the mail.

For an upcoming AA flight (USA domestic), I want to use my AB Gold for access to Admirals Club lounge and, if possible, update my existing reservation with AA to have access to preferred seating, etc...

.. BUT, I would prefer to accrue AAdvantage miles, not topbonus miles.

Whats the best way to do this - lounge and seating?
- Lounge: will I need to show the physical card? Can I give them my topbonus number and they look it up, or they have to see the card

- Seating: do I need to add topbonus number to AA reservation instead of AAdvantage number? This will prevent me from crediting to AA. OR... do I add topbonus, then select seats, and then change BACK to AAdvantage number? Should I wait to do that change back to AAdvantage.. after online check in? After security (i.e. at the gate)?

OR - am I overthinking and its not possible to have my cake (Admirals Lounge access and preferred seating) and eat it too (credit to AAdvantage, not topbonus)?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
Change your FF number in lounge or at gate.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I applied by sending my A3 card's front & back pictures by email. No change in online status yet.

has been a week now and no change is online status

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jul 23, 2015 at 9:38 am
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Here is the response, very odd:

Dear Mr. DJ,

thank you for your E-Mail and your Status Match request. Unfortunately this offer is only available for German, Austrian and Swiss members. A Status Match with another oneworld® airline is not possible. (I applied as a Star member)

Please read conditions here: http://www.airberlin.com/en-GB/site/...ode=TEE4&cat=3

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Your topbonus Team

Last edited by djjaguar64; Aug 6, 2015 at 7:03 am
Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
strange. I heard of one more similar case off FT (something like "we do not match this airline"), also applying from *A. Perhaps something has changed, or they have a new incompetent case handler.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:27 am

my Status Match to AB was approved yesterday and I was able to select BA Seats free of charge today
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Platinum
Using AB for lounge access and crediting AA

Originally Posted by levilevi
OK - forgive me for asking to dumb this down, but just successfully matched DL Gold to AB Gold. Got confirmation this morning, expect card in the mail.

For an upcoming AA flight (USA domestic), I want to use my AB Gold for access to Admirals Club lounge and, if possible, update my existing reservation with AA to have access to preferred seating, etc...

.. BUT, I would prefer to accrue AAdvantage miles, not topbonus miles.

Whats the best way to do this - lounge and seating?
- Lounge: will I need to show the physical card? Can I give them my topbonus number and they look it up, or they have to see the card

- Seating: do I need to add topbonus number to AA reservation instead of AAdvantage number? This will prevent me from crediting to AA. OR... do I add topbonus, then select seats, and then change BACK to AAdvantage number? Should I wait to do that change back to AAdvantage.. after online check in? After security (i.e. at the gate)?

OR - am I overthinking and its not possible to have my cake (Admirals Lounge access and preferred seating) and eat it too (credit to AAdvantage, not topbonus)?

Hi!! I've searched all threads and wasn't able to find any threads that describe whether this is possible. Does anyone have any experience accessing the lounge via AB status but crediting AA miles? Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
is there any way UK residents can get a match with AB?

I know they just opened it up to US residents. What about using a mail forwarding service like borderlinx to get a US address. Will this work?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Hi guys, I am new on the forum and I am also status matching with AB from AF. I have a question regarding the 60 flight segments to confirm your Gold Card. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Do you know if only AB flights count toward the 60 needed or all OW flights?

Thanks !
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by kt729
Hi!! I've searched all threads and wasn't able to find any threads that describe whether this is possible. Does anyone have any experience accessing the lounge via AB status but crediting AA miles? Thanks!
I had CXGold for a couple of years and was able to use this card to access AA lounges when flying AA solely within NAmerica. I continued to keep my AA number on those reservations to earn miles and get my upgrades as an ExecPlat. Unless AA has changed the rules, and I doubt they have, you don't have to credit flights to AB to use their OWSapphire status to get into AA's lounges.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Geoggy
is there any way UK residents can get a match with AB?

I know they just opened it up to US residents. What about using a mail forwarding service like borderlinx to get a US address. Will this work?
Suppose you can do that, though the application form doesn't appear to accept PO Box addresses. I know lots of Canadians who use friends'/relatives' addresses in the US for such purposes. And Americans using friends'/relatives' addresses in Canada to avoid UA's Spend requirement.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Danusa86
Hi guys, I am new on the forum and I am also status matching with AB from AF. I have a question regarding the 60 flight segments to confirm your Gold Card. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Do you know if only AB flights count toward the 60 needed or all OW flights?

Thanks !
I don't believe you need to fly 60 flights/segments or earn 40K qualifying miles to get a Gold status match. However, you'd have to fly that much to requalify for that status next year. This can be on a combination of AB, EY and OW airlines. Others here can tell you if there's a minimum number of AB metal flights required for status...some OW carriers require at least four flights on their metal to maintain status each year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.