Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Baggage Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA
1. AB is a nightmare in general !
2. If you have Problems with AB you get more support on the Facebook Page !
3. This what Americans call "Carry on" is not a Carry on size in Europe !
3. They did not lost your baggage during the flight, most time your lagguage is at the point of departure !
4. Airberlin is only alive thru Ethiad in a normal marked the will be not operating anymore !
5. Yes you have to call call and write them ... they hope you give up one day ! (its like a Game)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: A3 *S
Update about my lost luggage: AB called me about 27 hours after my flight arrived and told me my luggage was found. It was then delivered to the place I am staying at in Berlin about 5 hours later, or 32 hours after I arrived.

I found a TSA notice in my luggage indicating that it was selected for secondary inspection. So it turns out that it was the TSA who took my luggage out of the flow and probably did not return it early enough to make it on the JFK->DUS flight. I have no idea why TSA would choose to inspect my luggage; apparently it passed muster as nothing was removed from it.

I have no idea really now how to contact AB to see about reimbursing me for about $100USD that I had to spend for socks, underwear, etc while waiting for my luggage. I went to the TXL Lost Luggage counter and they didn't have any better contact information for AB other than their general customer service email address. Oy.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fizban
Update about my lost luggage: AB called me about 27 hours after my flight arrived and told me my luggage was found. It was then delivered to the place I am staying at in Berlin about 5 hours later, or 32 hours after I arrived.

I found a TSA notice in my luggage indicating that it was selected for secondary inspection. So it turns out that it was the TSA who took my luggage out of the flow and probably did not return it early enough to make it on the JFK->DUS flight. I have no idea why TSA would choose to inspect my luggage; apparently it passed muster as nothing was removed from it.

I have no idea really now how to contact AB to see about reimbursing me for about $100USD that I had to spend for socks, underwear, etc while waiting for my luggage. I went to the TXL Lost Luggage counter and they didn't have any better contact information for AB other than their general customer service email address. Oy.
If your credit card covers with baggage delay insurance, I would inquire with them first. Most likely easier to deal with than AB.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fizban

The TSA inspection (primary and secondary) is not a reason for the bags to get delayed. That's happened to me many times without delay.

There is a thread in this forum on filing EU262(?) forms/complaints and even companies that will do it for you.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by inpd
The TSA inspection (primary and secondary) is not a reason for the bags to get delayed. That's happened to me many times without delay.

There is a thread in this forum on filing EU262(?) forms/complaints and even companies that will do it for you.
EC261/2004 does not cover baggage.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:12 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
general consensus among German FFs is that AB generally is a pain to deal with regarding lost luggage and pretty much the only option to get compensation when they decide to stall out your claim is to hire a legal representative and take them to court in Germany. Once they communicate with a lawyer, they usually react and pay pretty quickly.
The (Berlin) firm mentioned in this thread a few times comes recommended.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: AB Gold, *S (LH)
AB lost my stuff twice, every time --i had a transfer connection. But on both events they transferred my stuff to every place I wanted to in the next 24 hours. Perhaps I am a lucky guy...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.