airberlin sucks

Old Sep 2, 2013, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Advantage, Flying Blue, Topbonus
Thumbs down airberlin sucks

I've been searching around the web and am amazed at the number of posts on various forums, on Facebook and on Twitter about airberlin losing baggage and doing nothing to help their passengers find it or get reimbursement. How can all of us who have had a terrible experience with airberlin band together and make them do something?

See my blog post below which lays out how poorly they responded to my husband's lost luggage.

Why I'll Never Fly airberlin Again: Getting Customer Experience Right and Getting It Oh So Wrong
http://marbusto.blogspot.com/2013/09...lin-again.html
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:44 am

Good luck on this . my and my two daughters luggage was lost last June 6th on the way to Paris. for three days we had nothing .. the numbers i was given I was put on hold and no one ever picked up. by the time it was all over I had $60 worth of hotel calls. Spent about $350 on clothes and other gear. after a month i heard from them asking for info and receipts which I sent to them 6 weeks later I have not heard back from them even though I have sent many emails
Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
their call centers are littered with people who pretend to be friendly but couldnt be more indifferent.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by chinatown
their call centers are littered with people who pretend to be friendly but couldnt be more indifferent.
I don't think this is limited to air Berlin call centers.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 8rulos
I don't think this is limited to air Berlin call centers.
+1
Try dealing with CX MNL call center/AV call center/9W (presumably in India)
Old Oct 13, 2013, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by marbusto
...See my blog post below which lays out how poorly they responded to my husband's lost luggage.
Very poorly written blog

Originally Posted by marbusto
Why I'll Never Fly airberlin Again...
hohoho and
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Flew AB and IB TATL last month up front. AB eastbound and IB westbound. In terms of the overall experience I would take AB over IB.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
We flew AB last April DUS-LAX up front and it was the worst "elite" service we have ever experienced on a Transatlantic route. Service was poor, seating was miserable, IFE didn't function properly, lavatory was a mess. No more AB for us; We'll try IB next time. We had been looking forward to the AB experience. It was a genuine "experience" IMHO.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Is AB really that bad? I'm most likely going to fly with them for the first time on my trip next month (via MUC-TXL-VIE) and I'm a little nervous after reading all the experiences people had with lost luggage. Is this mainly an ex-TXL issue?

FWIW, I will be carrying a regular duffel bag. Do I have to still check that in if it's slightly overweight? I don't think I will bring more than 8 kg but it may go over if I buy gifts for family and friends.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 3:17 pm
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Originally Posted by BayAreaTraveler
Is AB really that bad?
No. I have switched most of my intra-European travel from LH to AB this year and didn't have any major issues with them. Lines at check-in can be somewhat longer as they tend not to have as many desks. OTOH, inflight service in Y is just a little nicer than usual. My only l/h with them in Y so far was to AUH and that was better than expected - your usual Y seat but with a far better IFE system than LH has. Check-in at DUS is more than swift (never had to wait more than 2 minutes there) and miles credit promptly, sometimes while you're still in the air. In C/J you pay less for a product that also is inferior to most legacy carriers' - but I guess that's fair. AB is getting a new seat, though, that at the moment is mostly used on routes to/from AUH but will probably be phased in over time and equals LX's seat.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
airberlin sucks

I flew AB TXL to AUH last week in new J. Nice trip despite being overnight, crew were friendly and attentive. The case I checked in arrived at my destination.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: MR Plat.
Why the interlining across alliances? Feels like playing with fire to me, baggage wise.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by starlicious
Why the interlining across alliances? Feels like playing with fire to me, baggage wise.
How is interlining across alliance any more risky than same alliance or same airline for that matter?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
I have been on AB numerous times, both in front and back.

I have never had any problems. The service was consistent, the luggage arrived, absolutely nothing to complain about.

Things can happen with all airlines (for example lost luggage) and my experience on other airlines shows that none of them are especially wonderful at dealing with it.

I would fly AB anytime, given the schedules and price are good.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
airberlin sucks

Just arrived at TXL on AB from AUH and so did my suitcase. I will fly AB again on leisure trips.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.