Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Any pitfalls to booking Meridiana Codeshare?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 8:36 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

So, forgive me but I'm not a regular on this forum. I'm looking to fly the NAP-ZUR route on Air Berlin. Meridiana is selling this flight as a codeshare for $70 less per person. Any problems/pitfalls to booking via Meridiana. It appears that there is 1 piece of luggage 23 kg per person included. Will I be able to pick my seats in advance (for payment) if I book the codeshare?

Thanks
FDW
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Wish somebody had some input to give here. I, too, have ended up booked on a Meridiana flight number operated by Air Berlin in June from DUS to MXP. Oddly, it is the second part of an open jaw from Geneva (GVA-ZRH-DUS), the first part of which is operated by Etihad Regional (by Darwin Airlne). Not sure what ticket stock I will be on in the end, Etihad's or Meridiana's.

Wondering if I will get any miles for it, I have put my Air Berlin number in the booking. Not sure how codeshares work with the Air Berlin programme, but I've often got lucky in the past due simply to the complicated nature of the whole codeshare thing. I am presuming I will get TopBonus miles for the Etihad Regional. Anyway, I will report back here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.