Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection on AB /airberlin / "Air Berlin" (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection on AB /airberlin / "Air Berlin" (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by lfc84
try and select your seat on rj.com
Just tried to modify my upcoming booking; the site will let me select a regular seat, but not XL seats.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
A330-200 on intra Europe flight/who gets the J seats?

I'm currently considering a booking on a intra Europe (DUS-FUE) which is operated by 332 equipment on that day. The flight, like all intra Europe flights, offers no J class, only Y. In Expertflyer, the seatmap shows that the J cabin is part of Y, however, all seats lables as reserved for priority pax. I already considered myself lucky, as I thought that as an AB Gold I would qualify for such a seat (with Y service, of course).

However, when attempting to book on the AB website, the first cabin doesn't show at all. The seatmap begins with row 15 ...

Who can select the J seats? Only Platinum? Only via call center?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Update - AAdvantage Award booking seats worked out on AB metal

I wanted to follow-up to confirm that seats held by AAdvantage reps on both long haul and short haul sectors came through and we did not have to pay for them.

I hope this benefit does not go away.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:58 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
My recent experience with XL seats as OW Sapphire. It still varies.

Calls to Amaedus desk resulted in some agents assigning immediately while others have to put me on hold.

Calls to regular line results in an agent stating they got an email from management recently stating XL not comp for OW elites to discounts offered on XL.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Might fly AB in may. A Y segment from TLV-CGN, Y from CGN-TXL and J from TXL-ORD. Flying alone and prefer aisles. Anyone have specific seat recommendations?
And exactly how does one use the Amadeus line. How do I reach it?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by swiss_global
I'm currently considering a booking on a intra Europe (DUS-FUE) which is operated by 332 equipment on that day. The flight, like all intra Europe flights, offers no J class, only Y. In Expertflyer, the seatmap shows that the J cabin is part of Y, however, all seats lables as reserved for priority pax. I already considered myself lucky, as I thought that as an AB Gold I would qualify for such a seat (with Y service, of course).

However, when attempting to book on the AB website, the first cabin doesn't show at all. The seatmap begins with row 15 ...

Who can select the J seats? Only Platinum? Only via call center?
I was able to assign those using "Manage My Booking" on rj.com.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I have a reservation currently for LAX-DUS in Y. I'm not entirely looking forward to the flight, seeing as I'm 6'3", but I'm sure I'd live. Can anyone shed any light on just how tight the seat pitch is compared to UA or something?

Also, I'd gladly pay the 60EUR for an XL seat. Is this possible if it was booked via an AA award?

Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 7:35 pm
Original Member

Seat Selection on AB

XL is possible if you are willing to pay.

XL tends to be free for OW elite but YMMV.
Old May 12, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
I am flying lax to dus in bout 3 weeks. I was ble to book xl with no problem. Had to pay about 60 euros each way. I am curious where the video will be located as it I a bulkhead seat. Are they separate or part of the armrest?
Old May 13, 2013, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum
Worked ok for me today via the Amadeus number. A couple of tips though.

1. They wanted my travel agent number before they would do anything, but they were OK when I said it was booked via our corporate TA and didn't know the number.

2. They wanted 20 Euros each way to reserve the XL seats. But when I asked them to check because OW Sapphire should be free they checked and then confirmed yes it was free.

Overall very pleased!
Old May 13, 2013, 11:46 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Srklaw7
I am flying lax to dus in bout 3 weeks. I was ble to book xl with no problem. Had to pay about 60 euros each way. I am curious where the video will be located as it I a bulkhead seat. Are they separate or part of the armrest?
Build into the armrest.

Originally Posted by stevea1234
Worked ok for me today via the Amadeus number. A couple of tips though.

1. They wanted my travel agent number before they would do anything, but they were OK when I said it was booked via our corporate TA and didn't know the number.

2. They wanted 20 Euros each way to reserve the XL seats. But when I asked them to check because OW Sapphire should be free they checked and then confirmed yes it was free.

Overall very pleased!
Just tell them you are the passenger and they will not ask for the travel agent information.

As for XL, YMMV. Some agents indicate it is free for OW Saphhire and above others indicate a discount while try to charge full price.
Old May 29, 2013, 6:18 am

LAX-DUS seats

I just flew AB for the first time. Economy. No status. Couldn't be more pleased. Both ways we requested seats at the airport. Outbound we got seats in the middle section where it changed from four across to three across. More legroom. Inbound we got the XL seats by the exit door and the bulkhead. Nothing in front of us and could fully extend our legs. I found the AB website very frustrating (flight record didn't indicate arrival time; impossible to use on-line check-in on flights to and from USA; difficult to find phone number; impossible to choose seats less than 48 hours before), but the actual flying experience was very good.
Old May 29, 2013, 9:40 am
Original Member

AB does not allow online (or even kiosk) check-in to/from US.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:29 am

Just a data point: I was still able to get XL seats assigned free of charge as oneworld Emerald through the topbonus Gold line.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Called AB to purchase XL seats on a HER-ZRH flight and was told that I can't purchase exit row in advance on short haul. Is this true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.