Search

Lounges at DUS airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tropikey
thanks for quick reply...
According to http://www.airberlin.com/en-US/airport-dusseldorf, AB's check-in is in terminal B, although according to https://www.dus.com/de-de/services/l...-berlin-lounge, AB's lounge is in terminal C (therefore, it seems that AB's departure gates are also in C). This is quite strange, that AB's check-in desks and its lounge (and gates) are in different terminals. Anyway, if only there's possibility to walk between B and C without security check, I think we'll visit Hugo Junkers lounge, as it seems to be better than AB's Lounge.
There is no different terminals in DUS; there's only one and only one terminal and this leads to Piers A, B, and C. With just a DUS-CUN boarding pass you will not be allowed to Pier B (Hugo Junkers) will have to use the AB lounge in Pier C. The check-in desks for AB flights to North America is situated between Piers B and C (around check-in desk 172 to 179).
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:46 am

Thanks a lot for all supportive answers :-)
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Just received a bit of bad news, AB cancelled the 10 am to FLR and put us on the 12:20. We are arriving on the AB flight from JFK at 7 am in J, the AB lounge rules say maximum time allowed is 3 hours? I can't imagine someone coming up to us and saying I'm sorry your time is up- out you go. From what I have read here we should probably kill some time by visiting both lounges anyway. I know some of you have suggested going into town but I can't see my wife going for this. Has anyone been asked to leave?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:29 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by kmandrew
Just received a bit of bad news, AB cancelled the 10 am to FLR and put us on the 12:20. We are arriving on the AB flight from JFK at 7 am in J, the AB lounge rules say maximum time allowed is 3 hours? I can't imagine someone coming up to us and saying I'm sorry your time is up- out you go. From what I have read here we should probably kill some time by visiting both lounges anyway. I know some of you have suggested going into town but I can't see my wife going for this. Has anyone been asked to leave?
Claim you EC261/2004 compensation. You may or may not have access to AB lounge in Pier C depending on the Pier the JFK lands (usually C but sometimes B). I highly doubt anybody will ask you to leave.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
Claim you EC261/2004 compensation. You may or may not have access to AB lounge in Pier C depending on the Pier the JFK lands (usually C but sometimes B). I highly doubt anybody will ask you to leave.
Wouldn't I be able to get either lounge flying J and my status (Sapphire)?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:01 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by kmandrew
Wouldn't I be able to get either lounge flying J and my status (Sapphire)?
If transatlantic flight lands in Pier B, you can access only the Hugo Junkers lounge in Pier B.

If it lands in Pier C, you can access both the AB lounge in Pier C as well as Hugo Junkers lounge in Pier B.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
Upcoming Delta J Flight (2 ppl) with 2 family members in Etihad Coach. I am already aware that they are in the same terminal (C), and am wondering about potential lounge options?
Thanks,
Biz
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:46 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
Upcoming Delta J Flight (2 ppl) with 2 family members in Etihad Coach. I am already aware that they are in the same terminal (C), and am wondering about potential lounge options?
Thanks,
Biz
Delta website has a lounge directory for both SkyClub and partner lounge options.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
If transatlantic flight lands in Pier B, you can access only the Hugo Junkers lounge in Pier B.

If it lands in Pier C, you can access both the AB lounge in Pier C as well as Hugo Junkers lounge in Pier B.
Transatlantic flights do not arrive in terminal B. They may park there, but you will be bussed to A or C. Terminal B does not currently have any passport facility in operation for arriving/departing flights. BA now depart from A gates.

So, as DUS terminals A, B and C are all connected airside, you can pass between them. Worth keeping in mind for those with non-EU passports that you will need to pass through immigration at C, and passing back through to get to A or B gates will be pain. That doesn't mean you couldn't do it though.

The AB lounge in C terminal is AB run, so is full open to OW S/E. The walk takes 5mins from B-C, plus the same from A-B.

The AB lounge in B terminal is Hugo Junkers, but this is airport operated. That may cause issues when trying to get in on a perfectly valid AB/OW flight departing from C terminal, but they do have an ongoing agreement for AB users to use the lounge. They may just need a little direction. I find the lounge angels there to be very friendly, and the lounge in preferable compared to the AB offering in C terminal.

Do note that non-EU passport holders may be stuck in long lines if Turkey/Russia bound flights are leaving, so factor that in to your options.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
.... BA now depart from A gates.

Has this just started again? Departures from A gates started for a while in Sept/Oct IIRC, but they were back at the normal B gates when I arrived and departed last month? Flightstats also shows yesterdays and todays flights were still going from gate B35.

Last edited by antichef; Jan 4, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:02 pm
Original Member

Lounges at DUS airport

Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
Transatlantic flights do not arrive in terminal B. They may park there, but you will be bussed to A or C. Terminal B does not currently have any passport facility in operation for arriving/departing flights. BA now depart from A gates.
Are you saying there is a change during 2015? I can assure you during the early half of 2015 and in years prior to that, the end of Pier B is non-Schengen complete with immigration and customs capabilities. I have arrived from JFK and clear entered Germany via Pier B.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Could someone please tell me what (if any) lounge I will have access to at DUS for a Schengen flight on AB?

(I'm a non-AB OWE.)
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Could someone please tell me what (if any) lounge I will have access to at DUS for a Schengen flight on AB?

(I'm a non-AB OWE.)
https://www.loungeclub.com/en/our-lo...ge-detail/DUS1
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:15 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

(I'm a non-AB OWE.)
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.