Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:48 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I have a forthcoming booking on HG. I am BA EC G (OWE). I tried calling today to reserve an XL seat, but was told that, from 5 May 2015, free XL seats are only extended to TopBonus customers, and that OW elites only get complimentary standard seat assignments. Is this in fact correct, or should I try a different agent (I have already done the HU part or HUACA)? I called the UK line, if that makes a difference.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:01 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
yes, they restricted the free XL seats.

from 5.5. onwards XL seats can only be reserved with FlyFlex+ tickets.
Their own gold and platinums can reserve them also on FlyClassic tickets, so no XL seats on JustFly or FlyDeal tickets.

I did not read anything about OWE and OWS, but as this is no official Oneworld-Benefit I would assume that you may not be able to reserve a free XL seat anymore.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gkl
yes, they restricted the free XL seats.

from 5.5. onwards XL seats can only be reserved with FlyFlex+ tickets.
Their own gold and platinums can reserve them also on FlyClassic tickets, so no XL seats on JustFly or FlyDeal tickets.

I did not read anything about OWE and OWS, but as this is no official Oneworld-Benefit I would assume that you may not be able to reserve a free XL seat anymore.
Thanks - I'll be happy with being able to pre-reserve 4D, and hope that the middle seat next to me is blocked. If so, I'll get as much as I would in CE on BA!

It was not clear to me from reading through this thread; should I also expect any free food and drink, or are my OWE benefits just lounge access and pre-reserving a seat (which is quite sufficient--but wouldn't mind a free beer, if I can get one).
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
OWS (and prob OWE) haven't had comp XL on long haul for more than a year.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I am currently TopBonus Gold with AB, and am looking at booking TXL-JFK using AA miles. Would I have access to XL seats?

I'm not sure how an economy award booking (Fare Code X) would be viewed with respect to all these named fare types (JustFly, FlyFlex, FlyClassic, etc.) Do TopBonus Gold members still have to book a certain fare type to be eligible for XL seats?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by tmm1012
I am currently TopBonus Gold with AB, and am looking at booking TXL-JFK using AA miles. Would I have access to XL seats?

I'm not sure how an economy award booking (Fare Code X) would be viewed with respect to all these named fare types (JustFly, FlyFlex, FlyClassic, etc.) Do TopBonus Gold members still have to book a certain fare type to be eligible for XL seats?
Yes, just call in after ticketing and have them add the Topbonus number to reserve the seats. I do this a lot with avios bookings on AB shorthaul......
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Pacha
Yes, just call in after ticketing and have them add the Topbonus number to reserve the seats. I do this a lot with avios bookings on AB shorthaul......
Great, thank you for confirming. Much appreciated! ^
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
"FlyDeal" fares apparently charge extra for seat reservations on German domestic short-haul: would I still be able to reserve a seat free of charge as OWS by calling AirBerlin with a FlyDeal fare?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Hi team,
I am a QF Sapphire OW member.
Flying AB with a N class fare VIE - DUS.
I have tried to find out but can not find details.

Do I get one free checked bag?

Many Thanks
WLGNZ
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:54 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
the fare class does not tell you your baggage allowance. The fare type determines the baggage allowance: "JustFly" does not include checked baggage. "FlyDeal", "FlyClassic" and FlyFlex" do.
However, as a Sapphire OW member you get 1 additional piece, so for you that´s either 1 (FlyDeal) or 2 (FlyDeal, FlyClassic) or 3 (FlyFlex) checked bags.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by gkl
the fare class does not tell you your baggage allowance. The fare type determines the baggage allowance: "JustFly" does not include checked baggage. "FlyDeal", "FlyClassic" and FlyFlex" do.
However, as a Sapphire OW member you get 1 additional piece, so for you that´s either 1 (FlyDeal) or 2 (FlyDeal, FlyClassic) or 3 (FlyFlex) checked bags.
Many thanks for the information.
WLGNZ
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by gkl
Actually, the OWS extra baggage rule entitles you to one extra bag up to a maximum of 2 pieces. Only OWE get one extra piece based on whatever their original allowance is.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:32 am

do i get an increase in baggage allowance as well for a OWS? one world sapphire enjoys 15KG extra on all OW carriers except BA HBO fares?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by tboons
do i get an increase in baggage allowance as well for a OWS? one world sapphire enjoys 15KG extra on all OW carriers except BA HBO fares?
Yes. AB/HG seems really quite generous. They also allow an extra carryon (8KG each) on SH, but not LH, if you have status. OWS gets +9 KG not +15KG on checked bags, btw.

https://topbonus.airberlin.com/web/tb/freigepack
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

The benefits listed on the topbonus page is for AB's own elite and may/may not carry over to OW equivalent elite traveling on AB. An example is complimentary XL seats assignment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.