Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 9:23 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
As EXP/Emerald Should I take mileage award on AA or AB?

Flying from mia to mxp, I can get award (economy) thru JFK (AA) or DUS (AB). Which do you recommend?

Last edited by frank_10b; Jan 22, 2013 at 11:12 am Reason: correction
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Are you OW Emerald/Sapphire?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:13 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by seawolf
Are you OW Emerald/Sapphire?
Emerald. (I misspoke) Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:17 pm
Original Member

More extra legroom seats on AA. Flagship lounge at JFK. DUS J lounge not much to write home about.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 2:53 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Don't forget the new OW wide benefits just announced
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: AA-PLAT, Hilton-Gold, Marriott-PLT
2 unsuccessful attempts so far

(1) US Line- No luck with getting XL seats- said there is 60 EUR charge

(2) Called German topbonus directly. The lady placed me on hold to check. She came back later and said nope- no free XL seats to OW Emeralds.

This is so painful..

Had to change a reservation today for a flight in FEB and was able to get XL. But AB CSRs are definitely YMMV.

All four attempts within a span of 10 hours with different information provided.

Attempt 1 - Called US line. Agent indicated charge for seat. After I mention OW Saphhire, no charge. Saw no XL avail despite expertflyer saying two were avail.
Attempt 2 - Called US line 5 hours later. Agent saw two XL avail. Agent indicated charge for ALL type of seats even with OW Saphhire. I suggested he double check. Came back and said no charge for regular seat but charge for XL.
Attempt 3 - Called German line. Saw my OW Saphhire and confirmed no charge but didn't see any XL available. expertflyer still showing the same two seats were avail. Asked to be transfer to topbonus as I had to go thru this the last 3 times. I guess she was a little offended when she replied that she worked here for two years and know when a seat is avail and when it is not. Politely agreed with her that it is not avail and I'll call back at a later day.
Attempt 4 - Called German topbonus directly (0049 030 3434 3433 ext 0 for English follow by option 3). Agent saw my OW Sapphire and confirmed no charge. At first she also said XL not avail but then she looked a bit further, placed me on hold, and assigned XL.

I'm sorry to say that compared with AA (and they can be YMMV - last night agent told me AB not part of OW but she did correct herself), AB CSRs needs to have a company wide training on policy.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
Don't forget the new OW wide benefits just announced
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...-benefits.html
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
If OW Emerald (AA EXP) traveling on an AA First class ticket to FRA and connecting on a AirBerlin - any extra benefits? I assume free baggage, XL seats, and lounge access.

I guess nothing special for F passenger over OW Emerald? Or maybe not as good?

Returning on AB from TXL but with overnight stop in FRA before AA First flight to DFW - do you get benefits and free luggage for TXL to FRA flight?

Does OW First passenger get XL Seats at time of booking?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
My recent experience with AB was very good - I was not charged for the seat selection (even though I picked this option when purchasing the ticket on-line); on the plane I was greeted by the senior cabin crew member and all drinks (including champagne) were free for me (I was told it's an OW EMD benefit); not sure if food is free as well as I pre-paid for a special meal.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 4:10 pm
Original Member

Was at DUS Sunday. C gates security didn't have fast track. They had it back in Dec.

No priority boarding was announced for elite to JFK. Boarding started with rows 1-4 (business) and 35+ as ONE group. You just have to know you can board early as an elite.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Did you get the AB CSR to confirm your OW status is showing up? Called Germany and ask to be transferred to topbonus even if you didn't redeem using AB miles.
Use the Amadeus Hotline. These people are properly educated and know what they are talking about. The call centres in Poland or wherever are generally useless.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
Amadeus hotline give me issues all the time.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: AA PLT
For those that have had success, what time of day (in Germany) have you been calling? The US 800# routed to Berlin when I called in the evening (midnight German time) but the agent would not assign me XL as OW Sapphire. When I called the Amadeus hotline in the morning (early afternoon German time), I seemed to get a much better agent (also in Berlin) who assigned me the seat without batting an eye. I'm wondering if the CSRs on the dayshift are better trained than their overnight counterparts.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:46 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
OW Emerald flying w/ no status person on AB. Is XL available?

Also- Does AB miles to AA account 100% and are their elite bonuses?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by linglingfool
For those that have had success, what time of day (in Germany) have you been calling? The US 800# routed to Berlin when I called in the evening (midnight German time) but the agent would not assign me XL as OW Sapphire. When I called the Amadeus hotline in the morning (early afternoon German time), I seemed to get a much better agent (also in Berlin) who assigned me the seat without batting an eye. I'm wondering if the CSRs on the dayshift are better trained than their overnight counterparts.
The Amadeus Group are not CSR but in particular working for travel agents. And they are not only better trained but have - as you would say in the anglosaxon world - studied for three years. The call centre agents are most frequently "trained monkeys" and do not even understand the difference between a topbonus and an executive club award ticket. I have doubts that the main group is based in Berlin. I frequently get Eastern European accents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.