Go Back   > > >

Old Feb 10, 17, 1:39 pm   #256

Programs: Got a K-Plussa black! S-card remains green :D
Now that I see that AB is maybe the only shorthaul in europe where FA nicely comes to me and recognizes me by name as OWE and asks "wanted to ask if everything is OK" but then the perks end there, and I think of replying "yes, thanks, your gesture is nice and everything is fine except I am flying AB"
FFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 17, 9:00 am   #257

Programs: TopBonus (AB), FlyingBlue (AF/KL)
So what is the latest news on OneWorld (especially Emerald) perks when flying AB?

I just in the process of transferring from AB Platinum to BA Gold, which should be reached within the next 2 months. And from what I read here it seems AB basically ignores your OneWorld status except perhaps priority/preboard features.

Quite stupid in my opinion when I think how good other OneWorld airlines treated me for years as a AB Platinum/Emerald passenger. An upgrade on BA, free Main Cabin Extra on AA, free sandwiches on AA, lots of small perks here and there, exit rows on narrowbodys anyway.

How come OneWorld is still accepting AB in its alliance at all? Now the codeshare with AA was ended and downgraded to some interlining and AB decreasing in size day by day due to their restructuring and their total ignorance of other OneWorld airlines status passengers, I am amazed that they don't get kicked out of OW. There must be some use to them being in OW, but I don't know what it is? Perhaps just the fact that they are a minor annoyance to LH and Star...
CARST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 17, 9:58 am   #258

Actually, I quite like AB now that I have Oneworld Sapphire (I know, I'm as surprised as you are). I'd argue that I get more perks in short-haul Economy with AB than BA, even though my status is with BA:
  • AB always let me choose a seat for free even on the cheapest fare and open up "preferred seats" in rows 24 at check-in (so I often get a row to myself) BA charges for seat selection on HBO (hand-baggage-only) fares, no matter how shiny my card is.
  • They apparently allow OWE/OWS to check one additional bag (although I haven't tried it), even on HBO fares, again unlike BA.
  • I've never had a problem with the standard Oneworld perks (lounge access, priority check-in, fast track).

I'm not sure about the other perks you mention. BA rarely upgrades anyone, so you must have been lucky, and neither BA nor AB offer free food in short-haul Economy any more, status or not.
waffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 17, 12:12 am   #259

Programs: BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold
Are Niki flights now considered AB flights. Background: I had a long standing booking MUC-FAO on AB as a BA OWE. I got a flight change notification from AB that this flight is now operated by HG. Does this now mean my OWE benefits like extra baggage (which I inteded to use) have now vapourised? If so, will AB let me cancel without penalty?
Tafflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 17, 4:36 am   #260

What makes you believe that you will not have any OW benefits on HG?
MultiFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 17, 8:19 am   #261

Programs: BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer View Post
What makes you believe that you will not have any OW benefits on HG?
Well, I know Niki is a OW affiliate airline but check in is usually with different staff who deny me my extra baggage as well as any preferential seat without payment. I believe I am entitled to those published OW benefits but if the airline denies it, what can I do other than complain later and be ignored.

I have used the involuntary change of carrier to cancel the booking for a full refund, which Expedia readily did for me citing many other unhappy customers.

Sad thing is that all this is giving Lufthansa and German-/Euro-Wings their monopoly back.
Tafflyer is offline   Reply With Quote