Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 12, 2014, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
As of 9 May 2014, The last Airbus A330-200 has recently being fitted with airberlin’s all-new Business Class. This means that airberlin is now the only German airline with complete horizontal FullFlat seats on every Business Class long-haul flight. Thanks to the mainly single-seat arrangement guests can enjoy even more privacy and access to the aisle from any seat. Gourmet menus and premium wines from Sansibar round off a premium travel experience. Source
Print Wikipost

New new J coming to airberlin

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: AB Topbonus
it is fully flat, just the arrangement of the seats is sloped. Have a look:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SjmqkGiBGN...00/Etihad2.jpg
or a tour:
http://resources.etihadairways.com/e...inflight/pearl
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by bobberle101
it is fully flat, just the arrangement of the seats is sloped. Have a look:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SjmqkGiBGN...00/Etihad2.jpg
or a tour:
http://resources.etihadairways.com/e...inflight/pearl
Oh, you mean staggered?
The seats have been installed on AB already?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:43 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Etihad's longhaul fleet is 100% fitted with fully-flat seats (not angled lie-flat).
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:09 am

on AB not a single machine yet. but as rumor has ist or in that case "hillrider"... all 12 machines will be refitted with same EY seats. intentionally (as on AB press release) only the machines Germany to AUH were scheduled to get these.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Wife and I ticketed to fly DUS-LAX on Jan. 2. What are our chances of flying AB aircraft that has flat bed seats in Business? Certainly would make the trip a whole lot less arduous. We were totally spoiled by our trip in April on Cathay from HKG-LAX on a 777 using the flatbedders.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by maltasr
Wife and I ticketed to fly DUS-LAX on Jan. 2. What are our chances of flying AB aircraft that has flat bed seats in Business? Certainly would make the trip a whole lot less arduous. We were totally spoiled by our trip in April on Cathay from HKG-LAX on a 777 using the flatbedders.
Probably very slim. At most, one or two of their planes will have the seats, and they will be likely used on the AUH routes. I hope I'm wrong, I am on the LAX route on Jan.6th
Old Oct 13, 2012, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm a bit confused.

If I book a flight in J-class on AB 332, TXL-LAX, what are the chances that I get the recliner seats (53.9" pitch) that Seatguru shows vs. a lie-flat (slanted or horizontal) talked about in this thread?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by hillrider
I'm a bit confused.

If I book a flight in J-class on AB 332, TXL-LAX, what are the chances that I get the recliner seats (53.9" pitch) that Seatguru shows vs. a lie-flat (slanted or horizontal) talked about in this thread?
According to a few things I have read on here and elsewhere, zero. All planes have the 'new' seat, meaning the ex-LX J seat. This is also the seat they show on airberlin.com, which has a nice virtual tour of the cabin.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 8:32 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by will2288
According to a few things I have read on here and elsewhere, zero. All planes have the 'new' seat, meaning the ex-LX J seat. This is also the seat they show on airberlin.com, which has a nice virtual tour of the cabin.
Mrs NoY flew the old recliner J seat in August. Alegedly the last aircraft with these seats - has it been retrofitted with new-new (EY full flat) J?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:13 am
NoY

Originally Posted by NoY
Mrs NoY flew the old recliner J seat in August. Alegedly the last aircraft with these seats - has it been retrofitted with new-new (EY full flat) J?
Anyone confirm 100% of the fleet is lie-flat (non-recliner)??
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:19 am

if u take the effort of actually reading this thread u would know 0% is lie flat at this point. we are all waiting for the first machine with EY C config
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by will2288
Thanks! ^ to AB.
if u take the effort of actually reading this thread u would know 0% is lie flat at this point. we are all waiting for the first machine with EY C config
I was just as confused by the multiple seat types being discussed in this thread, notwithstanding the fact that as of my post #44 of 7 Jun I was up to speed and able to calculate the appropriate probabilities.

Good to see that there is now confirmation of 100% completion of the conversion to the slanted lie-flat J-cabin seat.

So the current probabilities are 100% slanted lie-flat, 0% horizontal lie-flat.

P.S. aircrafts are generally not referred as machines, which, at least in American english, is not a term applicable to transportation vehicles (bicycles, automobiles, trains, aircrafts, naval vessels, etc.).

Last edited by hillrider; Oct 20, 2012 at 10:08 am Reason: Strike incorrect information (see posts below)
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:13 pm
NoY

... I referred to 100% lie-flt (i.e. slopey) NOT full-flat (i.e. 180 degree flat) @:-). Maybe you do not know the difference

So, I ask again are all AB A332 lie-flat..

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 7, 2013 at 1:18 pm Reason: redacted inappropriate attack
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:15 pm

FWIW, it appears that all 12 AB A332 have been busy flying for at least the past two weeks.

So, assuming one wasn't refitted with the EY type seats already, there won't be one in the near future.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:05 am

... I referred to 100% lie-flt (i.e. slopey) NOT full-flat (i.e. 180 degree flat) . Maybe you do not know the difference
Mrs. NoY, please accept my apologies.
The very last machine (already known to you) D-ALPH was schedduled to be refitted a month ago. Dont know the reason it has not yet.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 7, 2013 at 1:18 pm Reason: redacted previously deleted language

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.