FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   airberlin | topbonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airberlin-topbonus-696/)
-   -   Status match for Ex-Malev Duna Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airberlin-topbonus/1312791-status-match-ex-malev-duna-club.html)

sokolov Feb 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Status match for Ex-Malev Duna Club

Members of the Duna Club, the frequent flyer program of now defunct Malev, can have their status matched by topbonus. This is a limited time offer.

FYI

YOW_Flyer Feb 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Great news! Is there a web link or do I just simply call up topbonus?

jorguh Feb 11, 2012 1:35 am

Here it is:
www.airberlin.com/dunaclub

JnsV Feb 11, 2012 1:42 pm

As an ex-MA Gold I talked to the topbonus customer service today and have the following points of information:

- You can request the status match till 31 May 2012
- The 4-month period will start on the 1st day of the month in which the request is processed*
- MA Gold is matched to AB Gold
- No info yet on the equivalent OW tiers for AB tiers

*Important for me since I'll travel long-haul in Feb (when AB status won't give me anything) and then only during the summer.

jms_uk Feb 17, 2012 3:40 am

I wish they allowed this for other airlines [from different alliances as well] :)

WilcoRoger Feb 17, 2012 5:29 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk (Post 18032327)
I wish they allowed this for other airlines [from different alliances as well] :)

They did - until 31st December.

jms_uk Feb 17, 2012 6:03 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 18032587)
They did - until 31st December.

Thanks - obviously missed that.

JnsV Apr 8, 2012 8:19 am

Some further info based on very recent experience: the status match happens almost instantaneously. They ask for a confirmation e-mail after the first request and after they get the reply for that the match is done immediately. The validity of the status is also a bit longer than what is advertised, my status is valid from 01.04.2012 till 30.09.2012, 6 months in total. I know that it is not a big difference but may still help out someone.

TTL Apr 19, 2012 10:04 am

OT: Soon to be seen where LH sen and/or AF plat will be comped to...

WilcoRoger Apr 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by TTL (Post 18423081)
OT: Soon to be seen where LH sen and/or AF plat will be comped to...

Well, for the SEN you got (could have gotten) KLM plat last year... :)

A theoretical chain in 2010-2012 for a true collector starting from zero level :D

Ask for BD *G (they comped if you had a booked flight with them, even without it)

Comp BD *G to MA Gold

Comp MA Gold to LH SEN (there were several local campaigns, also in HU)

Comp SEN to KLM Plat

Comp SEN or KLM Plat to AB Gold (2011)

Comp MA Gold to AB Gold (2012, if the previous expired)

Comp any of the above to SK *G (present campaign in China)

So without flying (or flying once with BD) you could end up with 2 OW Sapphires, 3 *Golds and 1 ST Plat.

Of course this is 20/20 hindsight :)

TTL May 11, 2012 5:04 am

LH Sen was matched to AB Gold for 4 months. 20 flights during that time will extend the validity for one year. But what did not become evident from the communication, must they be AB flights or will any OW flight do?