How is Air Berlin?

Old Jul 14, 2010, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

How is Air Berlin?

Thnking of bookin g aflight with them, are they generally on time? Are they strict about overweight luggage/carry ons?

Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:37 am

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
Hi!

Yea, its a good airline and they are not that strict. If you only have one luggage it can be 23kg. Hand luggage they usually dont check. Everyone have free magazines / newspappers as well on board they will serve snacks/cofee for free as well. They usually arrive before the selected arrival times but they are much more delayed than other airlines. Book via Geruxx.de to skip the service fee, get more points and be able to get the taxes back if you for some reason dont have to fly.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
and via online-check-in you can pick seats in the very front rows, as there is no business class on non-transatlantic flights.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
I used to use them a lot until they stopped flying to Berlin from London (strange for an airline called Air Berlin?) and liked them. Good reputation within Germany.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, TK Elite, FB Silver
i don't like it too much (little leg room, no business class, no alliance) but they're cheaper than lufthansa... so it might be a good choice dependeing on what you are looking for...
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Is there anyway to avoid the 10 euro fee when booking online, or is this not possible? I live in Canada and want to pay by credit card.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
Originally Posted by ttt2
Thank you. Is there anyway to avoid the 10 euro fee when booking online, or is this not possible? I live in Canada and want to pay by credit card.
Maybe you should read all the replies once again... @:-)
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, UA Gold, DL Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by daniel-andersson
Maybe you should read all the replies once again... @:-)
I flew with them a couple times in the last 3 months in Europe and actually thought the service was better then LH! I just booked a Business Class Ticket to the Caribbean for October and even if they do not offer full flat beds, for the price you pay you can not go wrong!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Originally Posted by munichmarcus
I flew with them a couple times in the last 3 months in Europe and actually thought the service was better then LH!
I agree. On-board service is indeed better and most of the time friendlier than on Lufthansa (talking about comparing Economy with Economy). Also the equipment is somewhat newer.

Be careful when checking in at the check-in desks. At some stations (e.g. Berlin) they often weigh the carry-on baggage. But then, no additional fees for checked bags...

Like many here, I am looking forward to the integration of Air Berlin into oneworld - but this will only be in 2012... probably too late for your trip.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LH600
i don't like it too much (little leg room, no business class, no alliance) but they're cheaper than lufthansa... so it might be a good choice dependeing on what you are looking for...
They are not always cheaper than LH, you always need to check. Y is not worse than LH.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 3:29 pm

how about transatlantic flights?

Does anybody have experience flying with them transatlantic; specifically DUS-SFO/SFO-DUS?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, UA Gold, DL Gold, BA Silver
Transatlantic in Business

I have just concluded my 2 Transatlantics on Air Berlin in Business Class and was actually very surprised how fantastic it was. I expected a lot less, but the seat was very very comfi and better then the old LH C seat, great Amenity Kit, Delicious food and great service!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.