Koru Parking At AKL?

Old Mar 3, 2008, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Koru Parking At AKL?

As i was driveing past the airport oaks today and i noticed a new building with Koru Parking on it i found this online http://www.korucar.co.nz/ does anyone know anything els about this ?
Old Mar 3, 2008, 7:06 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
I think it's just the off terminal parking for the valet service - due to space constraints near the terminal they move long(er) term vehicles there.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 5:59 pm

has anyone use the koru valet parking in AKL? how does it work? do you drop off your car outside the terminal (just outside the premium check-in)? it seems like there is a koru desk right next to the glass door? (do they in-charge the valet parking?) thanks advance

Last edited by zqsn5678; Jul 1, 2009 at 9:05 pm
Old Jul 1, 2009, 8:43 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I used Koru Valet parking just once at WLG. I paid with the complimentary voucher I received with the GE pack.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
I used the service on Xmas day, it was great friendly staff fast & cheaper than a taxi.

They are located just up the road from the Airport, you don't drive to the terminal. You drive into the valet parking zone at the off airport side, you go sign in side. While a guy places you bags in the Van then takes you to the terminal.

On the FAQ on there site, it does mention in the future they will be introducing remote checkin. They have also under cut the Airport Company park & ride deal which is $59 for 5days, NZ is going $49 for 5 days.

I would use the again
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:58 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
As i was driveing past the airport oaks today and i noticed a new building with Koru Parking on it i found this online http://www.korucar.co.nz/ does anyone know anything els about this ?
I do not know if this is used to store cars for Koru Valet parking.

As Air New Zealand parking it operates as an off-airport site for people to park their car. You are shuttled to the airport and met on arrival by the shuttle. You do not have to be flying AirNZ.

it has been a most reliable service the times I have used it.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
I've used Air NZ Parking a dozen times, and on arrival have never had to wait more than 3 or 4 minutes for them to arrive to collect me. Even when the plane was early or delayed. When it's on time, they've usually been there ready and waiting by the time I get there.

Awesome service. I haven't tried the other airport parking services, but I can certainly recommend this one! ^

As for the Koru Valet Parking @ AKL - yes, tried it once with my GE voucher, had to pay $25 for a HALF day. Even though the door is right next to the regional gates and I could walk straight off my NPE flight and pick up the car, I don't think it's worth it IMHO. Would rather just take the shuttle down to Air NZ Parking and pick up the car there, and save a fortune.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 6:03 pm

just enquired about the rate for the koru club valet parking (the one you drop off right outside the premium check-in area)

$35 per day for the first 3 days
$29 per day afterward

if you are going away for more than 4 days, it's def. not worth it. you might be better off with taxi, about $60 each way and you get a Mercedes ride. (i usually use this option)

i through i will give the valet parking a go. i guess the only options are ''off terminal'' valet parking or stick with the usually Mercedes taxi ride.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.