Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flexi Time

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Flexi Time

Hi Everyone

around 6-8 months ago I was invited by NZ to trial Flexi Time. I paid $199 I think to guarantee earler/later departing flight on day of travel. Overall, this has been sensational, however, noone from NZ has followed up. Have I missed an email? Should I be using flightcomment? What are other trial members doing?

Thanks
Mark
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
My fee was $279 . . the trial finishes in November with no guarantees it would continue. It was for a 12 month period only. I picked one up and it has been outstanding (I fly domestically 6 times a week minimum) . I have used the flexibility more times than I can count. I do hope it continues . . . Mine currently expires 29th November.

Last edited by kiwicyclo; Sep 21, 2017 at 5:26 am
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Markhm
Hi Everyone

around 6-8 months ago I was invited by NZ to trial Flexi Time. I paid $199 I think to guarantee earler/later departing flight on day of travel. Overall, this has been sensational, however, noone from NZ has followed up. Have I missed an email? Should I be using flightcomment? What are other trial members doing?

Thanks
Mark
Nobody I know who's asked Air NZ (incl myself) about whether this will be extended has received a reply.

Everything who has it loves it. I don't know if their revenue team would share the same enthusiasm.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:35 am

Fee was $199 for the first 1500 invites. Then went up to $249 (from memory) in the second round on invites then $279 for the third round.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
How exactly does this work? Sounds pretty cool. I never received an invite unfortunately
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
How exactly does this work? Sounds pretty cool. I never received an invite unfortunately
You simply pay the seat only price for every flight and get a flexi fare.

You didn't need to get an invite to sign up - you just needed to know the URL!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:40 pm

I'm on the trial and think I had one questionnaire email. I am a big fan and hope they renew it to a longer term thing, mine is currently set to end in November.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by sbiddle
You simply pay the seat only price for every flight and get a flexi fare.

You didn't need to get an invite to sign up - you just needed to know the URL!
Did it affect the booking class? Sounds like a great way to get a ton of SP for cheap if so!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by kyanar
Did it affect the booking class? Sounds like a great way to get a ton of SP for cheap if so!
Not booking class per se as these don't determine the fare type but you are booked using the FXT fare basis (for a flexi time fare) so do get the extra SP from a flexi time fare for the seat only price.

SP earn is pretty minimal only 1-2 points for lots of flights so it's hardly a great way to earn points.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by sbiddle
SP earn is pretty minimal only 1-2 points for lots of flights so it's hardly a great way to earn points.
Ah. Sounds like it's domestic flights only then?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by kyanar
Ah. Sounds like it's domestic flights only then?
Yip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.