Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current NZ Staff Travel Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Current NZ Staff Travel Benefits

I heard through a friend that you now can receive benefits from day one.. is this true?

Last edited by tptright; Sep 10, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tptright
also I would ideally not like my first impression to be only interested in the cheap travel.

I heard through a friend that you now can receive benefits from day one.. is this true?
You're not exactly putting your best foot forward here!
You don't want to ask your new employer about a benefit, but you're happy to post on a public forum?
What are you most interested in - starting a new, interesting and challenging job or "cheap travel"?
Not sure Air NZ is getting the best end of the bargain here!

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Sep 10, 2017 at 5:37 am
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Unless you love the stress of not knowing even at check-in whether you'll be flying today and if you do that it'll likely be sitting in a middle seat at the back of the plane you'll soon realise cheap staff fares aren't all they're cracked up to be.
trooper and MichaelBaku like this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
They get very good discounts off standard confirmed tickets as well.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:55 pm

Post Staff Travel Question

So I am currently crew with another airline, and looking to hop over to AirNZ, however I have family in Aus that I would want to see regularly, so would look at commuting over after Long Haul flights for a couple of days, just wondering if you can confirm how much standby is from AKL - MEL/SYD and at what point after you start can you receive staff travel?
I really want to work for Air New Zealand, but as I have elderly family in both Hamilton and Aus, I would need to find an option that allows me to see them at least once a month, otherwise I might have to look at an Aussie carrier

Thank you in advance for your replies
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Ketch
So I am currently crew with another airline, and looking to hop over to AirNZ, however I have family in Aus that I would want to see regularly, so would look at commuting over after Long Haul flights for a couple of days, just wondering if you can confirm how much standby is from AKL - MEL/SYD and at what point after you start can you receive staff travel?
I really want to work for Air New Zealand, but as I have elderly family in both Hamilton and Aus, I would need to find an option that allows me to see them at least once a month, otherwise I might have to look at an Aussie carrier

Thank you in advance for your replies
Without quoting specific dollars in here I can say staff travel costs to Australia aren't much cheaper than the advertised specials - remember that tax on return flights to Australia is around $190 - $220 for a return airfare.
codyc1515 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:17 am

Overhead some rather noisy off-duty crew recently saying that the staff travel scheme had changed quite a lot recently, though I'm not 100% sure what that means.

Last edited by codyc1515; Dec 16, 2017 at 2:12 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by codyc1515
Overhead some rather noisy off-duty crew recently saying that the staff travel scheme had changed quite a lot recently, though I'm not 100% sure what they means.
I was on a domestic PMR-AKL flight this evening and the male cabin crew member was telling the younger female one that staff could have four ‘staff’ bookings on NZ and an additional 4 on other airlines even not in *A such as QF or JQ - all sounded rather odd. He also told her that a booking could include multiple sectors with stopovers if these were on the same PNR.

What he was saying really didn’t make a lot of sense but perhaps it was in fact correct.

Last edited by drajknox; Dec 16, 2017 at 1:43 pm
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Apparently NZ overhauled the entire staff travel program and entitlements this year. Supposed to make it even better overall but don’t know what exactly they did, just that it was being redesigned.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC:E - NZ:G-E - Virgin Australia: G - Hilton:G- AF:blue
The staff travel policy was upgraded for Air NZ crew. Agreements are not within a specific alliance but between airlines, hence the access to QF and JQ flights, along with AF and others.
Crew are allowed to have a nominee who can use the same benefits and a limited number of "buddy" who can travel with them if they spend time together.
More info about passes are on youtube:
Staff travel tickets are discounted but not free (on Tasman flights, special offers are often cheaper than staff travel) and on a stand by basis(no guarantee to fly).
I am sorry I cannot disclose more info about the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.