Wiki Posts
Search

RU Upgrades on AIRNZ flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
RU Upgrades on AIRNZ flights

Trying to do a TT upgrade online ...last two nights the system says it is temporary unavailable....(this is a gifting a TT to another elite)

Anyone else with this problem ?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Beano
Trying to do a TT upgrade online ...last two nights the system says it is temporary unavailable....(this is a gifting a TT to another elite)

Anyone else with this problem ?
The system won't be offline. It will fail and display this for a number of reasons incl (but not limited to) PNR's that have in some cases been booked by a travel agents and those that include domestic US flights. There are also a number of other scenarios.

You will need to call and get it lodged manually.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbiddle
The system won't be offline. It will fail and display this for a number of reasons incl (but not limited to) PNR's that have in some cases been booked by a travel agents and those that include domestic US flights. There are also a number of other scenarios.

You will need to call and get it lodged manually.

the message is
"We're sorry, upgrade requests are temporarily unavailable. Please try again shortly."
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Beano
the message is
"We're sorry, upgrade requests are temporarily unavailable. Please try again shortly."
Yip but as I said it's not actually offline. It's a generic error that's displayed when the upgrade can't be lodged. I've had this happen on a significant number of occasions over the years.

This can occur for a myriad of reasons - the two main ones are listed above. Call Air NZ and they'll lodge it for you on the phone.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Timely advice, thanks for this - my wife is having the same issue with trying to lodge a short haul RU. Will tell her to get on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.