Buy more than std koru membership?

Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF NB,Qantas Club, Krisflyer,BA Exec Blue, I fly for holidays only :-)
Buy more than std koru membership?

I cant seem to see a membership other than simplistic standard member then move up via flight points etc

Why isnt there a membership for those who just want to be able to enjoy the lounge a few times a year before a flight and get charged accordingly?

Be nice to have a family membership and can use the lounge before any flight not all this coded air nz flight number and wearing laced shoes only stuff.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Priority Pass?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Air NZ lounge passes via the Kiwibank credit card if you spend $20,000 (doing what you normally do) allows I think 2 people in. Not sure what the rules are when it comes to children on using those passes.

They used to do paid entry but the lounges have been busy so it seems they put a stop to that.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:31 am

Well Koru membership IS actually quite distinct from the Status Tiers of the Airpoints program...and IS effectively what you are seeking.... a lounge access program.

I assume you actually want a pay-per-entry type of program, given the Koru membership would be rather pricey for "a few times a year"....hence the suggestion by WLGNZ of Priority Pass. That is a particularly good suggestion since you want "any flight/airline" access.... which NO airline club membership will give you.....

As to the dress standards stuff...that's a separate question.... ive never thought the Koru lounges were at all strict....
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by webup
Why isnt there a membership for those who just want to be able to enjoy the lounge a few times a year before a flight and get charged accordingly?

Be nice to have a family membership and can use the lounge before any flight not all this coded air nz flight number and wearing laced shoes only stuff.
As you'll see reading other posts in the forum the NZ lounges are often crowded beyond what one should expect and the last thing many of us would want is a large number of new users who just pay for casual access. In fact there are many who seem to begrudge Koru members but at least paying for Koru members are making a significant commitment/contribution and are likely to be somewhat loyal to NZ. Those of us who don't pay for Koru due to bring GOLD or ELITE are or have been contributing significantly to NZ and so do Lounge users who are flying on Business Class tickets. A casual usage price based upon true cost of service provision and also taking into consideration supply and demand would probably be prohibitive for most. The suggestion others have made about Priority Pass should meet your needs but depending upon how/where you wish to use it may or may not be worthwhile.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Priority pass meets your requirements perfectly. No airline paid lounge access allows access while not flying on their metal so they're all unsuitable for you.

I do however think your comments infer that Koru is expensive - which does show you don't understand the true cost of providing lounge access. This is accepted to be (on average) a minimum of US$20 - $30 per person, per visit.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF NB,Qantas Club, Krisflyer,BA Exec Blue, I fly for holidays only :-)
Thanks for the replies, I had never even heard of priority pass before.

Just nice to have somewhere like the lounges to relax in before a flight.
I don't think Koru is expensive at all but it was more the conditions on when you could use it.
We go to Fiji a lot so Koru no good unless we were flying Air NZ all the time.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:45 am
Original Poster

before any flight not all this coded air nz flight number and wearing laced shoes only stuff.
Originally Posted by trooper
As to the dress standards stuff...that's a separate question.... ive never thought the Koru lounges were at all strict....
It was in jest and more in reference to the large list of conditions for lounge access that i read online, i.e if this flight then yes if other then no laced shoes yes name begins with H then no etc
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Priority pass

Thanks for the replies, I had never even heard of priority pass before.

Just nice to have somewhere like the lounges to relax in before a flight.
I don't think Koru is expensive at all but it was more the conditions on when you could use it.
We go to Fiji a lot so Koru no good unless we were flying Air NZ all the time.
Not certain about Fiji
But priority pass is great in most countries (Auckland .Sydney. Brisbane. Bangkok. Manila. Hk etc)
And it can be free (with a credit card that has fees rebated )
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: EK Silver, CX Gold, SQ Silver, EY Gold
Fiji has a lounge that accepts Priority Pass, at least it did a few years ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.