New 773 refit seems dissapointing

Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
NZ didn't win any Skytrax awards for their premium seats - no surprise there for 2017
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by samjnz
How crazy was that initial 773 announcement though back in 2010 -- I was like "woah" at all the innovation, bespoke seats (Spaceseat, Skycouch), themed toilets, inflight concierge, etc.

I even remember they used to have massages available in the AKL lounge for BP/GE flyers. At the time I was just Gold often flying in PE -- and by the time I got to Elite it was all gone

I guess it must have all ended up being a bit bleeding edge.
Exactly.
Once they were the best business class. I would pay a premium to fly with them.
Now the product is middle of the pack and at their price point there are more interesting options.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Just looked at seat select for my NZ1 and NZ5 back from LHR. Both were a Spaceseat still a few days ago but NZ5 is now showing seat select unavailable.

I know what that likely means.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Online ads in the UK for Air NZ are now all explicitly showing the "great" PE, which is the new one, alongside Skycouches and BP, to go to LAX and AKL.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
I was looking at booking NZ recently and then noted that the Air NZ UK website still showed the Spaceseat on flights LHR to LAX. A check today still shows the following:

Premium Economy to Los Angeles

Sit back and relax in Air New Zealand's Premium Economy Class cabin on our daily services from London/Heathrow to Los Angeles.

As a Premium Economy class passenger, you will enjoy:
•Revolutionary Spaceseat™ with up to 42" seat pitch within a fixed shell design ...

As an aside in the end I booked SQ in J for not much more than NZ PE .......

Last edited by ottiehund; Jun 25, 2017 at 6:26 pm
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by ottiehund

As an aside in the end I booked SQ in J for not much more than NZ PE .......
What route and price?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
I was on OKN the other night for NZ8. When I booked ~3wks ago, seat select was unavailable, and then last week it revealed itself to be a refit -300.

Upgrade to the pointy end came through in the lounge, so can't comment on the new PE, but BP was exactly as expected, just with a more modern IFE Except that the flight map was broken for the entire flight

Finally a new menu too...serious #firstworldproblem to be sick of the food in J...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Originally Posted by MattJ
What route and price?
$6670 (not the cheapest out there but better than what I was quoted initially, see Europe Sale thread, and at only about 20% above what I was quoted for NZ in PE so I figured it was good) ex CHC to LHR with return ex DUS, which is the change from NZ price which was either return ex FRA on LH or I had to get myself from Germany back to UK, and it's only a ~2 hrs train ride to DUS. Could have got cheaper with others, eg: Qata/BA but not sure about them with the goings on with their neighbours at the moment, plus it was BA one leg and haven't been on them for a while but didnt like the seating layout they had one bit.

Returning ex DUS saved money, not sure if there is/was a promotion?

Still i I must admit one thing I will miss is that there is nothing quite like the feeling of getting on a NZ flight to come home ... other airlines just don't seem to be able to match that.

Last edited by ottiehund; Jun 28, 2017 at 6:38 am
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold
Well, I was in J on NZ7 last night. Sure enough they rolled out burger as one of the dinner options in J. I opted for the chicken which was about the level of camping food. The dinner in J on NZ8 out of Auckland the week before was MUCH better.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
No burger to LAX on NZ2 when I flew it earlier in the week. Is estimate well over 50% of the cabin had it on NZ2 to LHR when it was on the menu.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.