Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Rates Changing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Earn Rates Changing

Hi looks like change is in the wind according to an email just received, I can't see a summary anywhere but one obvious change is minimum status points have halved to 4pts
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Anything more you can share about it?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Was mentioned in the airpoints update email. Effective from bookings 1July, http://www.airnzpoints.co.nz and http://www.airnzpoints.co.nz/previous/ for comparison
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by TraderX
Was mentioned in the airpoints update email. Effective from bookings 1July, http://www.airnzpoints.co.nz and http://www.airnzpoints.co.nz/previous/ for comparison
I see no "halving" of Status points, using the "current" and "previous" points calculator/look up table?

A simple search of:

AKL - WLG, F (Grab-a-Seat), still earns 8 SP
AKL - SYD, S (cheapest sale fare), still earns 7 SP

What I see different however, is the minor drop in Airpoints Dollars on generally the cheapest fares, and that the site now do "cents" on APD earn, rather than whole APDs.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kamadan
I see no "halving" of Status points, using the "current" and "previous" points calculator/look up table?

A simple search of:

AKL - WLG, F (Grab-a-Seat), still earns 8 SP
AKL - SYD, S (cheapest sale fare), still earns 7 SP

What I see different however, is the minor drop in Airpoints Dollars on generally the cheapest fares, and that the site now do "cents" on APD earn, rather than whole APDs.
WLG-HLZ now 4 points min
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by TraderX
WLG-HLZ now 4 points min
Apologies for the Auckland-centric searches.

Didn't think of looking into regional routes instead of the outside the main trunk routes.

In fact I can see that regional routes ex-AKL also has their Status Points dropped by half on the cheapest fares.

So I guess this is Air NZ's way of slapping regional flyer's faces...
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: NZ*E
speechless

AKL to SYD on J, from 71 now from 60......

and what happened to CX alliance

AKL - HKG
SP all read 0
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Kamadan
Apologies for the Auckland-centric searches.

Didn't think of looking into regional routes instead of the outside the main trunk routes.

In fact I can see that regional routes ex-AKL also has their Status Points dropped by half on the cheapest fares.

So I guess this is Air NZ's way of slapping regional flyer's faces...
Weird as regional tend to be more expensive
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
A did the Airpoints email update say? I never seen to get them.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
I notice tiny drops (literally 1-2APD and 1-2SP) on long haul to the US - BNE to IAH was 450 APD 431 SP in C, now 449 APD 430 SP.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
here is the text.....

Refreshing Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points earn rates on Air New Zealand flights
Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points earn rates on Air New Zealand flights are being refreshed. This is to reflect airfare price changes across our network since the last rate change in 2014. These new earn rates will take effect for all new bookings from 1 July 2017 including all flights flown by Air New Zealand and on qualifying partner airline flights.

You can view the updated rates by using our online Airpoints™ calculator.

Find out more
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Refreshing Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points earn rates on Air New Zealand flights
Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points earn rates on Air New Zealand flights are being refreshed. This is to reflect airfare price changes across our network since the last rate change in 2014. These new earn rates will take effect for all new bookings from 1 July 2017 including all flights flown by Air New Zealand and on qualifying partner airline flights.

You can view the updated rates by using our online Airpoints™ calculator
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
That's fine by me, even though NZ have been good in the past I've started to look around at other premium options for our international travel. Diversify away a bit from solely flying NZ. The main thing for us is leg room and comfy seating.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by mmo[I
[/I]nster;28443612]speechless

AKL to SYD on J, from 71 now from 60......

and what happened to CX alliance

AKL - HKG
SP all read 0
Wasn't it always like that? SP is only earned with NZ flight number and is based on the NZ chart. CX flight number earns no SP even on NZ metal.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Wasn't it always like that? SP is only earned with NZ flight number and is based on the NZ chart. CX flight number earns no SP even on NZ metal.
may be I have read that wrong. I was expecting that to give me a NZ co-share rate which might be a mistake? wishful thinking is that the chart would give me what I would earn on a 086 ticket but you do have a point.

as long as the rates on CX metal on 086 are the same to HKG, I am relatively happy. Gutted at the downgrade of SP from 71 to 60 (min) for short haul TT flights on J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.