Wiki Posts
Search

A320 domestic seats

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
A320 domestic seats

Does anyone else find the 320D slimline seats to be very uncomfortable? Seems to be a combination of insufficient padding and a seat pan that's lower to the floor than other airline seats. These slimline seats are popping up on more and more carriers (UA and LH) and are uncomfortable on those carriers, also. Not just a NZ issue. The QF Y seats, for example, are at least decent while the slimlines are painful.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Can't say I've ever noticed them to be particularly bad..But then again with most people only spending a maximum of around 75 mins seated from boarding to leaving I don't think it's really long enough to notice a poor seat.

​​​​​​​To me legroom is far more important, and that's fantastic on the domestic fleet in the FF seats.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
They can be uncomfortable when the padding is worn out. Fortunately the seats are mostly new enough to not be in that condition.

As for legroom, yes great in space plus zone, awful otherwise. Even high status isn't a guarantee of getting space plus seating - e.g. peak hour flights, irrops, last minute bookings/change of plans, big events, etc.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; May 27, 2017 at 11:14 pm
Old May 27, 2017, 11:11 pm

To me legroom is far more important, and that's fantastic on the domestic fleet in the FF seats.[/QUOTE]

I agree-legroom is far more important. Despite what people on this forum seem to think, not everyone is Koru/Gold/Elite. Leg room in non FF seat is dreadful....and even in an 80 minute AKL-CHC, I am sore as a result of being cramped.
Old May 28, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Anytime you want to complain about being on an A320 just remember it could be worse, you could be on an ATR.
Old May 28, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by edmm
Anytime you want to complain about being on an A320 just remember it could be worse, you could be on an ATR.
Need to +1000 this.
Old May 28, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Can't be as bad these, due to feature on the A320/321NEO

Old May 28, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Yeah I find them uncomfortable and tight, now exclusive jaded Jade flyer. So much so that I wonder why I am not flying J* instead then realise oh yes I am actually departing close to the scheduled departure time!
Old May 28, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Yeah I find them uncomfortable and tight, now exclusive jaded Jade flyer. So much so that I wonder why I am not flying J* instead then realise oh yes I am actually departing close to the scheduled departure time!
At least with Jetstar its near impossible to miss you flight Its great to know if you're a couple of hours late to the airport, it wont have going without you.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Need to +1000 this.
Why the hate for the ATR? I find them to be much more preferable to the Q3/400 alternative. The A320 Space+ seating is also quite good. Again, this is simply a preference. This should be asked in the form of a poll.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.