Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Partner upgrades

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Elite Partner upgrades

Does anybody know if an Elite partner can get upgrades confirmed at the time of booking if they're traveling by themselves if there is A/R class availability?

I'm assuming the answer is no, but it's something I actually don't actually know the definitive answer to and figure somebody on here will.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...re-useful.html

Old thread.

I'm going with no. I also think it would be unfair. There's enough complaints as it is about elite's own RU's not clearing.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
I don't believe so - but this was what I was told by the CSR at the time rather than attempting to book
Old May 24, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Because it was cheaper, I booked my elite partner under a separate PNR than me but we were taking the same flights. The call centre cleared hers immediately also, but it's unclear if they allowed this because I was effectively travelling with her on the same flights under a different booking or they do just clear all elite partners under a separate booking regardless. I'm sure a quick phone call to them would clear this up
Old May 24, 2017, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by West45
Because it was cheaper, I booked my elite partner under a separate PNR than me but we were taking the same flights. The call centre cleared hers immediately also, but it's unclear if they allowed this because I was effectively travelling with her on the same flights under a different booking or they do just clear all elite partners under a separate booking regardless. I'm sure a quick phone call to them would clear this up
As you're on the same flights they would have simply linked the PNR's to allow hers to clear immediately.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
As you're on the same flights they would have simply linked the PNR's to allow hers to clear immediately.
Do they though? From the times I've called the CSR has always just said that for "linking a booking" they just put a note on both bookings.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by codyc1515
Do they though? From the times I've called the CSR has always just said that for "linking a booking" they just put a note on both bookings.
Think it's more than a note. I frequently rung them to link my wife's booking if on a different PNR and recently noted when changing seat allocations that once linked she had access to FF seating she wouldn't otherwise have been able to access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.