FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   NZ Partner flight award redemption (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1843552-nz-partner-flight-award-redemption.html)

ANZ787900 May 19, 2017 6:20 pm

NZ Partner flight award redemption

Do any of you have experience flying premium awards on NZ's partners, and know what availability is like?

gratn May 19, 2017 10:50 pm

The only time I've done it was on Virgin Atlantic. Booking flights was fine but VA cancelled our tickets without warning about four weeks from departure when it seems loads got heavy. NZ were no help and I was .... out of luck. I've never tried again.

LyingFlat May 20, 2017 1:39 am

Yes. I have. TG are easy to get F/J seats on. I've gotten LH F and LX F a couple of times too. Although I hear LX has gone the way of SQ and are no longer releasing Star Awards to partners for F class.

ANZ787900 May 20, 2017 5:05 am

Originally Posted by LyingFlat (Post 28336177)
Yes. I have. TG are easy to get F/J seats on. I've gotten LH F and LX F a couple of times too. Although I hear LX has gone the way of SQ and are no longer releasing Star Awards to partners for F class.

Thanks - do you know if any site (like UA or EF) is reliable for award availability or did you just ring up to ask for a range of dates?

Xiaotung May 20, 2017 5:41 am

Originally Posted by ANZ787900 (Post 28336548)
Thanks - do you know if any site (like UA or EF) is reliable for award availability or did you just ring up to ask for a range of dates?

NZ has access to very limited availibility compared to other carriers like UA. I once searched Europe to Asia flights on UA and AV sites, only about half of what I could see on UA/AV were available when calling NZ.

ANZ787900 May 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung (Post 28336620)
NZ has access to very limited availibility compared to other carriers like UA. I once searched Europe to Asia flights on UA and AV sites, only about half of what I could see on UA/AV were available when calling NZ.

Right, thanks. I guess that goes hand in hand with the availability NZ puts out to its partners...

libertyuk May 20, 2017 8:42 pm

In my limited experience, LH availability in C and F can appear as soon as two weeks before a flight, essentially releasing seats if sales have been poor.

ANZ787900 May 21, 2017 5:02 am

Originally Posted by libertyuk (Post 28339033)
In my limited experience, LH availability in C and F can appear as soon as two weeks before a flight, essentially releasing seats if sales have been poor.

Thanks - pretty much the same as what you can see when looking for UA award availability when aiming for LH F.