Wiki Posts
Search

Premium economy - LAX lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Premium economy - LAX lounge

Hi,

I have been searching for this answer but can not seem to find a straight answer. I have a PE ticket from LAX to New Zealand. Does that get me into:
a) new zealand lounge in LAX (out of Tom B terminal)
or
b) any other lounge in LAX if thenew zealand one is closed.

Thanks!
Old May 17, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Premium Economy does include lounge access, you would get *G status for that.
Old May 17, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
You have no entitlement to lounge access in PE unless you're also *G (same as economy)
Old May 17, 2017, 3:12 pm

If you have a Diners Card, you can access the Sky Team lounge at TBIT LAX. It's not as good as the Star Alliance one, but you can grab a shower, and chill out in relative comfort. No charge for 1 person, but no guest benefit. Diners cards have a cheap annual subscription..,if you fly 3-4 times internationally a year it pays for itself in terms of lounge access (although lounges aren't usually top level and not all terminals have them). OH...sorry I sound like an advertisement for DC...I'm not!!
Old May 17, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
PE doesn't have priority check-in either, correct?
Old May 17, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by brenrox
PE doesn't have priority check-in either, correct?
You can use Premium Check-in when flying PE regardless of status.
Old May 18, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
And FYI the LAX lounge (which is run by NZ but is officially a Star Alliance Lounge) does not allow paid drop-ins, or any NZ lounge passes earned by credit cards.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the info on this!
Old May 18, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by jawnbc
And FYI the LAX lounge (which is run by NZ but is officially a Star Alliance Lounge) does not allow paid drop-ins ...
Are you sure about this? I'll save you the details of the long story but when I was in the lounge in February the NZ representative said I could pay to get 5 of my 6 students in (one would have been free as a guest). I did not pursue it but the offer was made to me by the NZ representative in the lounge.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by SeaProf
Are you sure about this? I'll save you the details of the long story but when I was in the lounge in February the NZ representative said I could pay to get 5 of my 6 students in (one would have been free as a guest). I did not pursue it but the offer was made to me by the NZ representative in the lounge.
I have paid for additional guests. Ironically last time I paid when I arrived so it was seamless when my guests arrived...one decided to go shopping etc and never came to the lounge.
Old May 20, 2017, 8:57 pm

What about Virgin Australia Platinum flying PE?
Old May 20, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by newmarket
What about Virgin Australia Platinum flying PE?
Yes you have access to the lounge.
https://www.virginaustralia.com/nz/en/experience/at-the-airport/international-lounge-access/
Old May 21, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
VA Platinum won't get lounge access flying NZ PE from LAX.

VA long haul is really a completely different airline to VA short haul.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by sbiddle
VA Platinum won't get lounge access flying NZ PE from LAX.

VA long haul is really a completely different airline to VA short haul.
NZ/VA FFP agreement actually covers more than trans-Tasman routes. The link above does say Plat/Gold get lounge access on NZ services ex LAX. The initial agreement does say eligible members from both Velocity And Airpoints have reciprocal lounge access as long as the lounge is owned and operated by NZ/VA. That included the then NZ lounge at LAX T2 when departing on NZ flights and NZ's SYD lounge when departing on VA services to LAX and AUH.

VA recently reshuffled NZ lounge agreement so perhaps no one cares about giving the correct answer to their respective long haul flights anymore.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Virgin Velocity
I flew VA Premium from Aus to LAX via Auckland and return. I arrived at LAX, went to the *A lounge, as I'm GOLD with VA they let me in as I was flying Premium...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.