Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong lounge access for Koru member

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Hong Kong lounge access for Koru member

Am flying out of Hong Kong to Auckland on an AirNZ ticket & flight. As a Koru member, I assume I have access to the partner lounge (Thai Air)? Not G or GE.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Air NZ does say "Koru members are welcome to bring a guest into the Air New Zealand International lounge in Auckland and the Thai Airways Business Lounge in Hong Kong".
So a guest is also permitted in the Thai lounge for a Koru member.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Hong Kong Thai Airways lounge
(including NZ4990, 4992 & 4994 operated by Cathay Pacific)
Find out more for Elite & Star Gold members 1 Guest

Straight off the Air NZ website...
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:34 am

You can use the Thai lounge as koru. I have done this recently
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.
Not that clear from the AirNZ info.
Also quite difficult to book online a multistop international on purely AirNZ operated flights.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The multistop tool has been seriously broken for years. If you want anything other than simple flights booking via the call centre or travel agent is the best option.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: NZ*G, United.
Originally Posted by sbiddle
The multistop tool has been seriously broken for years. If you want anything other than simple flights booking via the call centre or travel agent is the best option.
Phew, thought it was just me....
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by EdFly
Air NZ does say "Koru members are welcome to bring a guest into the Air New Zealand International lounge in Auckland and the Thai Airways Business Lounge in Hong Kong".
So a guest is also permitted in the Thai lounge for a Koru member.
About 5 years ago when entering the Thai Lounge in HKG, I noted a KC member and his guest were prevented from entry to the lounge with staff saying something like it was not a Star Gold card and so access was not allowed. That might have been correct or a staff mistake.

I can see that the NZ website clearly shows access is allowed into the Thai lounge at HKG, not surprising given the Air NZ traffic.

I recall as a KC member quite a few years ago I managed to bluff my way into a couple of non-NZ *G lounges, but was (correctly) tuned away in on most attempts.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Apr 22, 2017 at 5:15 pm Reason: tidying up
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:48 pm

The Thai lounge is the only one if you're only a Koru member. If you've *G you get to pick between the Thai, Singapore and United lounges.

If you're NZ Gold or Elite you'll get all of those flying on another *A flight, or if you're flying back to NZ you'll get access to all the CX business lounges and would be crazy not to visit The Pier as it's a huge step up from the other lounges.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
The Pier is good, the UA lounge for shower isn't bad but I've used the Singapore lounge a few times on my last visits and the showers were good there, but its miles away from the NZ gate.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
The Bridge (CX) is good as well, close to the NZ gate, has tended bar and pizza at one end, barista coffee at another. Showers good, easily outdoes the *A lounges at HKG (as does the Pier).
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: NZ*G
I'd be in the same boat as OP,

And i'd just go sit in the departure lounge.... The Thai lounge, is pretty damn awful......
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbiddle
The Thai lounge is the only one if you're only a Koru member. If you've *G you get to pick between the Thai, Singapore and United lounges.

If you're NZ Gold or Elite you'll get all of those flying on another *A flight, or if you're flying back to NZ you'll get access to all the CX business lounges and would be crazy not to visit The Pier as it's a huge step up from the other lounges.
Does it have to be a airnz flight on a CX plane or can it be a airnz flight on a airnz plane too?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Beano
Does it have to be a airnz flight on a CX plane or can it be a airnz flight on a airnz plane too?
NZ or CX metal

Air NZ website lists the full details incl access when flying onwards on CX or Dragonair.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
I realise this is an old thread but just want to see if the above statements around CX lounge access in HK is still accurate?

I have Elite status with Air NZ and will be in transit at HKG arriving from BCN for my flight back to NZ on NZ80 (ticketed by Air NZ).
I'm travelling in PE but my companion is in Economy. We are on 2 different bookings but I have called Air NZ to cross-reference the 2 bookings as i have put in APD upgrade request for my companion to PE which hasn't cleared yet.
My question is will both of us be allowed access into the CX Business class lounges ? Companion doesn't have any status.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.