Search

Business seat thoughts on 777-300

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nz*G
Business seat thoughts on 777-300

Hi all,

For a Iong time we have had 1a and 2b booked for myself and partner for upcoming lax trip.

However she would like a window seat for arrival to lax (as I do too!) and I noticed the seats 6k & 7k have just become available for selection.

Question is seat guru says 7k has no window. Is this the case?

What would be your recommendations, stay where we are or switch ?!

We fly a lot but normally premium Eco so j is a bit of a novelty and we want to have the best experience

thanks
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I like 7A and 7K from a privacy point of view, some people say its close to the lavatories but I find the front worse in terms of the light coming through the curtains.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Personally I believe 2 seats behind each other are the best approach as a couple if you want to converse on the plane. Setting across a row is always more difficult.

I'm not 100% sure about the window situation, and the side of the plane doesn't really matter as you're not going to know what way you will approach from anyway. At least the good thing about LAX is the wind blows in the same direction 364 days a year!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
7A and 7K are my preferred seats.
They have a window - but where the other seats essentially have two - 7A/K only have one and it sits over your left shoulder - so to see out you have to turn quite sharply. Depends how much you window gaze if an issue or not.

BCE
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:23 am

Its a bit of an effort to really look out the windows from any seat in J....
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by trooper
Its a bit of an effort to really look out the windows from any seat in J....
But apart from the 30 seconds speeding down the runway and then ~10 mins before landing at LAX there isn't much to actually look at!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:05 am

So true...
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:40 am

IMO, window seats have a better aperture for viewing but the downside is the aisle facing herringbone layout means keeping your head turned in order to see anything. The seats across, face the window but the aperture not so good.

New couples (honeymooners etc..) who would like to face each other, I would recommend sitting opposite one another, afterall, takeoff/landing visibility is only minutes before cloud cover, not much to see at cruising altitude, etc..

Couples who a little tired (or bored) of each other....may prefer to sit next to each other (or not).
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM
I have a question - traveling SFO/AKL on codeshare UA flight number NZ metal, believe it is a refurbished 777-300 - any feed back on seating currently I have 1A - had 4A but it seems that since I selected that seat flight op's went in and blocked 4A and 5A and moved me.

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: NZ *G
1A is fine. I personally I don't like it as there is a wall right in front of you. As others have mentioned in this thread, I like rows 6 and 7.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
End of the day the product is excellent in every seat, it's just preference.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM
thanks for the response's I sort of figured that unlike the United 777-200 there really is not a bad choice.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Let's not try to compare everything to UA.

That standard is pretty low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.