Flexitime fares

Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Flexitime fares

If I am booked in a Flexitime fare for noon, for instance, is it okay to miss my flight at noon, come at 2pm, and ask to be put on a later flight if there is space, or do I lose my ticket once I miss the checkin deadline for my noon flight?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:28 pm

Last edited by nzkarit; Mar 22, 2017 at 6:06 pm Reason: .
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
Actually you are allowed to no-show according to the T&Cs.

"No shows
Permitted for changes on the day of travel, however unused tickets will remain non-refundable"

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/dome...ons-flexi-time
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I was always under the impression (from what Koru staff told me a few years ago) that a flexi had to be changed before the flight and became invalid of you didn't fly. A fully flexi could be changed afterwards.

I regularly change flights from AKL multiple times because I've never wanted to risk the consequences, but maybe there aren't any.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Definition is loose. But it does indicate you could get a refund from no show
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
You can easily change your flight after the fact.

Just go to the machines and it will say your flight has left , do you want to change the flight.

Doing this online didn't used to work but should be possible.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
I believe that if you no show after having been checked in for the flight then you will indeed lose the ticket, or at least be charged the no show fee. So, don't check in until you're confident you won't be a no show.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Easiest to download the app and push a few buttons to change your flight. Even if you don't have inflight wifi you'll know if you're departing late so change it on the app prior to departure. Or change it to a late flight, then bring it forward when you arrive.

I was told you could still change the flight even after you had checked-in.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:21 pm

You only need to check-in if you're physically at the airport and have bags. Despite the fact NZ have OLCI there is no acetal need for it unless you're non HVC and want to select a seat before you get to the airport.

If you're carry on only check-in in not required, and if you visit Koru it automatically checks you in.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
You only need to check-in if you're physically at the airport and have bags. Despite the fact NZ have OLCI there is no acetal need for it unless you're non HVC and want to select a seat before you get to the airport.

If you're carry on only check-in in not required, and if you visit Koru it automatically checks you in.
I suspect no one wants the middle seat so I'd advise checking in purely for that reason. Even if on a short hop I get irritated not being by the window. You could change in the lounge but thats pretty late if a main trunk route and full flight!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
I suspect no one wants the middle seat so I'd advise checking in purely for that reason. Even if on a short hop I get irritated not being by the window. You could change in the lounge but thats pretty late if a main trunk route and full flight!
You don't need to check in though to select a seat. I often change my flights from the app and the first thing I do is seat select to get a new seat.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
[QUOTE=sbiddle;28081634]You only need to check-in if you're physically at the airport and have bags. Despite the fact NZ have OLCI there is no acetal need for it unless you're non HVC and want to select a seat before you get to the airport.

If you're carry on only check-in in not required, and if you visit Koru it automatically checks you in.[/​QUOTE]

Flexitime fares permit seat selection at time of purchase.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
I was told you could still change the flight even after you had checked-in.
I've used OLCI and then changed to an earlier flight via the app with no issues.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
I've used OLCI and then changed to an earlier flight via the app with no issues.
I've done the same but also wondered what happens if you decide to cancel/no show?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:47 pm

I still don't understand why people use OLCI when there are absolutely no benefits whatsoever.

If you have a bag you still need to visit the kiosk and bag drop so gain nothing by checking in. If you don't have a bag you don't need to visit the kiosk or use OLCI as you can just turn up at the gate and scan your phone barcode. If you do visit Koru you're automatically checked in anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.